Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap in Garden

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I am looking to have a water connection/tap in my back garden. I know I probably dont need it with this weather outside bt i ned it for some odd days when it isnt raining.. :)
    Any contacts out there?

cheers
    pinto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hi Pinto,

I've seen kits in most of the diy stores where you can drill into the wall just under your sink and connect to your sink plumbing. Most handy men would be able to fit it for you.

Good luck
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 COOLOCK?KID

hi i'm a plumber if u need it done ill look after it for u ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

siochain wrote: »
    Hi Pinto,

I've seen kits in most of the diy stores where you can drill into the wall just under your sink and connect to your sink plumbing. Most handy men would be able to fit it for you.

Good luck
    Paul

I've got one of these and it was very easy to fit. did it myself. Got it in B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pinto

Thanks for your replies friends.

I dont think I will be able to do it myslef. dont want to take any chance :)

coolockkid - do you mind pm'ing me your number so that I can contact you.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

hi i'm a plumber if u need it done ill look after it for u ;)

As a matter of interest, how much do you charge to fit an external tap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Would also be curious with regard to Sonnenblumens query above. Although, not too keen on drilling a hole in external wall - something I'd rather avoid as your effectively puncturing the fabric of the building and also providing a thermal bridge - allowing cold air in.

Would be keen on tapping the external pipe if i could ever find the bloody thing. For plumbers out there, if you take your average estate (built 2005 in this case) - I have end of row house - with kitchen (as usual) round the back - and water on/off switch on path in front of drive/house.
    How is this pipe usually run from front to back? Is it likely to be underneath the 1m wide concrete path that runs round the perimeter? - or is there any hope its further out (theres a few metres of space all around).
    At some stage, I will have to find this bloody pipe as I won't just need an outdoor tap but full-on water supply to a proposed adjacent 'studio'.
    Is there any 'device' that can detect pipe?

Anyone any ideas?

Advertisement