Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dargle River

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Anybody see how high the dargle got today? More importantly, anybody have pics?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no but i might go down and see though. i'll bring the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://neilcremins.com/photos/dargle/

warning files are over 3megs each couldn't be bothered to resize them.

i don't know if that's high or not, i don't really pay much attention to things in bray it just has my bed. photos were taken around 19:30

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Thats Pretty High for the Dargle! it usually flows threw two Arches its flowing threw all 3 at a high enough level!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Good photos Cremo. I'm living in Coburg for the 8 years and have never seen the river so high. My back garden backs onto the Dargle and is usually about 15 foot below my garden. Today it was about 2 foot from the garden.
    Bray U.D.C. had a van going around announcing on a tannoy that 'people should prepare to evacuate in case of flooding'. I didn't evacuate but put my prized possession (my guitar) up as high as I could manage :D

Anyhow, am her to tell the tale; we didn't get flooded T.G and my guitar is quite safe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Thanks Cremo, im living in Shankill, just didnt have the time to head up. Reminisant (spelling?!) of hurricane Charlie, im sure it wont be as bad. They did raise the walls since that disaster didnt they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

sternn wrote: »
    Thanks Cremo, im living in Shankill, just didnt have the time to head up. Reminisant (spelling?!) of hurricane Charlie, im sure it wont be as bad. They did raise the walls since that disaster didnt they?

Sternn hi
    No, walls were not raised since then, some dredging done but thats about it, close call last week.. On another note, came home from work to go and get sandbags at 6.30...they were closed :(

Advertisement