Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can i transfer my irish stamps/prsi to claim benefits in spain?

• 05-09-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi,
    got a query about the dole/government sick pay while abroad.
    at the moment i have an injury that means i can´t work for 6 weeks and want to try to claim government sick pay, the problem is that i´m living in spain.
    i´d only been living and working here a couple of weeks when i was injured at work. because i hadn´t finalised a contract with the new employer in spain yet, the are not obliged to pay me any sick pay. also, not having a contract meant i wasn´t on the books yet, so in the spanish government´s eyes i was never working here in the first place and so the social here has told me i can´t claim eu dole/sick benefit here.
    i have enough stamps in ireland to claim within ireland, but does anyone know what the story is with transferring benefits within the eu.
    in other words, how can i use my irish stamps/prsi to claim benefits here in spain?

Advertisement