Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest broadband

Options
  • 05-09-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Moving into new apartment and I want to get the cheapest broadband connection I can find. I just want something for basic browsing, email etc.

There isn't a phone line and I don't think we'll bother getting one so I think the fixed wireless option is probably the most suitable. Are there any of these available for around €15/month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Smart have 1mb for 7 euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

barnicles wrote: »
    Smart have 1mb for 7 euro a month
    You need a phoneline for that and it's €15/month not €7. 3 broadband seems to be the cheapest for what you want €19.99/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Hey,
    Just said id let WIT Students know about a nice broadband offer available from o2.

You pay €20 for the modem and it's €13 a month for 10gig limit. That's a 12 month contract.

There's also €15 a month with a 5gig limit with a 30 day contract.

Source: www.o2.ie/heanet

taken from WIT forum - posted by sully

it's just for students but may be of benefit to you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

3, O2 and Vodaphone are Mobile Internet products. You may or may not get Broadband speed and you will never get Broadband latency. Sometimes if busy speed will be 100kbps or you might not connect at all, since it's really a high speed flat rate dialup and not "always on" Broadband.

Ripwave works a little like Mobile "Broadband" except more limited coverage and a bigger box. Often slower.

Other Fixed wireless products are much different. Some are as good as Cable or phone line DSL.

If we had decent Consumer Legislation/Protection they could only market 3G/HSDPA as Mobile Flat Rate Internet, not "Mobile Broadband". While Comreg likes to count it as part of Broadband pentration, The EU & OECD do not include it in Broadband figures. The speed is peak total for ALL users in a mast sector, not per user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

a small comparison here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57169003#post57169003

Waterford, Summerhill area

• Advertisement
Advertisement