Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redskins@Giants - Spoiler Warning

• 05-09-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Well judging by last night it's going to be a long season (not literally unfortunately) for us Skins fans. The play calling last night was a joke shop (especially on 3rd downs), the leadership both on and off the pitch was non-existant and the defense (especially the secondary) looked sluggish. Very frustrating :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

HA HA (Nelson style)! You forgot about this:

killdozer.gif

That's why I have Jacobs on my fantasy teams. The Giants went a bit brain dead on offense toward the end of the first half and into the second half but the D picked up the slack. There's still more to work on for them (though not nearly as much as the Skins) but it's a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why start a new thread?

Just keep it in the week one thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

JJ wrote: »
    HA HA (Nelson style)! You forgot about this:

killdozer.gif

And he did it twice ! Animal - imagine him running at you - "Please sir feel free to pass"...

Ps - Santry I think the Skins performance deserves a thread of it's own !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Ps - Santry I think the Skins performance deserves a thread of it's own !!

No it didn't..they were simple out-played! Just keep it to the weekly thread otherwise it could get outta hand with the amount of threads for each game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kmart6 wrote: »
    No it didn't..they were simple out-played! Just keep it to the weekly thread otherwise it could get outta hand with the amount of threads for each game!

Ah jaysus, we get 20 weeks a year of football - this forum practically gathers dust at times, surely the first game of the season can get a thread of it's own. It'll get more hits TBH.

Anyway, from what I saw, the Skin's offensive plays were pretty dire - almost like they were afraid to move the ball downfield, but in the second half, the defense looked sharp enough - and kept the SB champs to 16 points. That's really not a bad effort. They're 0-1, but it's not quite panic stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

It never gets old watching Clinton Portis leap into linebackers and floor them when pass blocking.

Advertisement