Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betting advice for weekend rugby

• 05-09-2008 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Ulster vs. Llanelli Scarlets - Magners League

Llanelli Scarlets +5 10/11

Been talking to a few people and they think this is worth a right punt , Ulster are a shocking outfit and have sold there few decent players . Also lLanelli had a great win agianst Wasps pre season . I know one should not raed to much into pre season but it was supposedly a vvery good performance.
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

At those odds? wouldn't waste my time even if it did come good. (which I don't think it will anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My Picks

Connacht +8 Totesport 1.91
    - Connacht have a stronger side this year, O's seem in some sort of disarray with all the upheaval, Connacht at the Sportsground +8 seems too good to turn down.
    Glasgow +4 Paddy Power 1.91
    -I think the Dragons are muck. I may be proven wrong, but thats my abiding memory from last year, Glasgow +4 it is.
    Llanelli +5 Boylesports 1.91
    -I fancy Llanelli to improve on last year and think Ulster will take time to adjust to the ins and outs llanelli +5.
    Munster -2 Will Hill 1.91
    -Munster have named a strong side, strong enough to do away with an Edinburgh side who put Wasps away the other week and have strenghtened over the summer. Keith Earls to impress, much like he did against LI last week.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    At those odds? wouldn't waste my time even if it did come good. (which I don't think it will anyway).

Handicap betting is always at 10/11, thats the idea!

Inquitus wrote: »
    My Picks

Connacht +8 Totesport 1.91
    - Connacht have a stronger side this year, O's seem in some sort of disarray with all the upheaval, Connacht at the Sportsground +8 seems too good to turn down.
    Glasgow +4 Paddy Power 1.91
    -I think the Dragons are muck. I may be proven wrong, but thats my abiding memory from last year, Glasgow +4 it is.
    Llanelli +5 Boylesports 1.91
    -I fancy Llanelli to improve on last year and think Ulster will take time to adjust to the ins and outs llanelli +5.
    Munster -2 Will Hill 1.91
    -Munster have named a strong side, strong enough to do away with an Edinburgh side who put Wasps away the other week and have strenghtened over the summer. Keith Earls to impress, much like he did against LI last week.

Bets 4
    Wins 3
    P&L +1.73
    Yield +43.25%

None if the winners needed the handicap in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Irish_racing

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Todays bet
    Western province + 5 @ 4/5 PP 2pm live sky sports xtra
    Been told that all the clever rugby union guys are on +5

[/FONT]

• Advertisement

Leinster +3 BlueSq @ 1.91

I am concerned that the tight 5 looks a bit lightweight without Cullen and with CJ yet to land, but fair weather is forecast for today, unlike the deluges of yesterday, and this favours Leinster imo.

Harlequins +4.5 @ 1.95 Betdaq

Harlequins have brought in Nick Evans and he can only improve the side, only missing out on the playoffs to a last gasp defeat to Leicester on the final day of the last years regular season.

Eddie Jones takes over from Gaffney at Saracens who have signed Borthwick among others, with legend Richard Hill slipping into retirement.

I fancy Harlequins to edge this.

Wasps -3 @ 1.91 with BlueSq

London Irish have great potential, but I am always loath to back against Wasps. Both teams early season form last year was poor. LI played a very strong side against a middling strength Munster last week and got hockeyed 5 tries to 2 and both LI tries were intercepts.

Leinster +3 BlueSq @ 1.91

I am concerned that the tight 5 looks a bit lightweight without Cullen and with CJ yet to land, but fair weather is forecast for today, unlike the deluges of yesterday, and this favours Leinster imo.

Harlequins +4.5 @ 1.95 Betdaq

Harlequins have brought in Nick Evans and he can only improve the side, only missing out on the playoffs to a last gasp defeat to Leicester on the final day of the last years regular season.

Eddie Jones takes over from Gaffney at Saracens who have signed Borthwick among others, with legend Richard Hill slipping into retirement.

I fancy Harlequins to edge this.

Wasps -3 @ 1.91 with BlueSq

London Irish have great potential, but I am always loath to back against Wasps. Both teams early season form last year was poor. LI played a very strong side against a middling strength Munster last week and got hockeyed 5 tries to 2 and both LI tries were intercepts.

Wasps (lose)
    Quins (win)
    Leinster (win)

Bets 7
    Wins 5
    P&L +2.59
    Yield +37%

Bath -1 Stan James @ 1.91
    Sale -4 Stan James @ 1.91
    Northampton v Worcester - No Bet don't know enough about the Saints
    Gloucester -3 Boylesports @ 1.91

Bath -1 Stan James @ 1.91
    Sale -4 Stan James @ 1.91
    Northampton v Worcester - No Bet don't know enough about the Saints
    Gloucester -3 Boylesports @ 1.91

Bath (win)
    Sale (win)
    Gloucester (lose)

1st Weekend of the season and a profitable start

Competition ~~~ Total Bets ~~~ Winners ~~~ Profit/Loss ~~~ Yield
    HEC ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0.00%
    GPL ~~~ 5 ~~~ 3 ~~~ +0.77 ~~~ +15.40%
    ML ~~~ 5 ~~~ 4 ~~~ +2.64 ~~~ +52.8%
    EDF ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0.00%
    Total ~~~ 10 ~~~ 7 ~~~ +3.41 ~~~ +34.1%

Ospreys -8 Paddy Power @ 1.91

O's putting out more of their 1st XV than Bloo's and at home.

Inq

• Advertisement

Ospreys -8 Paddy Power @ 1.91

O's putting out more of their 1st XV than Bloo's and at home.

Inq

Ospreys (win)

Competition ~~~ Total Bets ~~~ Winners ~~~ Profit/Loss ~~~ Yield
    HEC ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0.00%
    GPL ~~~ 5 ~~~ 3 ~~~ +0.77 ~~~ +15.40%
    ML ~~~ 6 ~~~ 5 ~~~ +3.55 ~~~ +59.2%
    EDF ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0 ~~~ 0.00%
    Total ~~~ 11 ~~~ 8 ~~~ +4.32 ~~~ +39.3%

Tonight

Scarlets -6 Stan James @ 1.91

Advertisement