Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking Or Selling My Cervelo Soloist Team

Options
  • 05-09-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

im thinking of selling my Cervelo mainly because i have reserved and S3 for next year with the olimpic colours just wanted to see what you thought of the set up and what you think it was worth.

Cervelo Soloist team 58cm, in cervelo size (really a 54)
    Campag chourus 2008 175 Cranks 42 53.
    Ritchey WCS Alloy handlebars and stem in white 120S. 42H
    Selle italia flite saddle white
    Elite Carbon bottle holders.
    Campag Eurus 2008 Rims with Fortezza tyres
    Time RXS Carbon pedals.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

42 tooth inner ring? Either you don't do much climbing or your a horse of a man.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hard to say, it is extremely difficuilt to get anything near what the 'value' of a second hand high end bike may be on the second hand market. frame <1k new, build ~ 1-1.5k, so about 2.5k?

eg see some of the high end ones on adverts that never even get a nibble never mind a bite.

Would say you could get 1000-1500 for it. It may be worth more to you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

copacetic wrote: »
    Would say you could get 1000-1500 for it. It may be worth more to you though.

Its worth a lot more than that, I reckon around 2500 maybe

oh, wait is the soloist team the alloy one?

E@gle. wrote: »
    Its worth a lot more than that, I reckon around 2500 maybe

oh, wait is the soloist team the alloy one?

yep, the frames are $800 or so. $2.5k for a ultegra build.

yep, the frames are $800 or so. $2.5k for a ultegra build.

sorry i was thinking it was the carbon one, didnt the Op mention is was campy chorus build

• Advertisement

E@gle. wrote: »
    sorry i was thinking it was the carbon one, didnt the Op mention is was campy chorus build

yep, dunno a price for them, but ultegra has to be the closest equivalent?

Actually current Chorus is more expensive than current Dura-ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's only worth what someone will give you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

el tonto wrote: »
    42 tooth inner ring? Either you don't do much climbing or your a horse of a man.

I do like climbs but im 6ft and 63 kilos there is not much there of me and i have 400 watt out put .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Price-wise, Ultegra is closer to Centaur and Dura-Ace is closer to Chorus. In terms of performance, well that would be an ecumenical matter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I do like climbs but im 6ft and 63 kilos there is not much there of me and i have 400 watt out put .
    400W FTP @ 63kg? That's 6.3 W/kg . ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Diarmuid wrote: »

If this is for anything other than a reasonably short burst this would pretty much make the OP the best cyclist in Ireland. So there you go lads, this bike belongs to a superstar and it could belong to you too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Do you have an emission rating?

yeah thats pretty high, Lance armstrong was 6.7W/kg

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    If this is for anything other than a reasonably short burst this would pretty much make the OP the best cyclist in Ireland. So there you go lads, this bike belongs to a superstar and it could belong to you too !

That was taken in Ucc in 2007 and i do have a decent output but my problem is i get sick really easy and i have crashed twice this year not on the Cervelo on my TT bike and got hit by a car last year so for me ive spent more time looking at the bike then on it and im not a superstar but i have rode the ras a few times and raced in france and belgum as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

That was taken in Ucc in 2007
    is it your FTP? (ie average power over 1 hr all out?) Impressive if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

but my problem is i get sick really easy

I know that pain! Throat infection on 3 week cycles through winter training for the last 2 years of my 'career'

is it your FTP? (ie average power over 1 hr all out?) Impressive if it is.

Its More like 20 to 25 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

30s, 60s, 5 min, FTP. 400 watts for what?

Ooops beaten to it.

Its More like 20 to 25 mins

Emmmmm I am going to venture a guess that your power meter is not correctly calibrated.

400watts for 20 minutes implies an FTP of 380 watts. At 63kg thats 6.03watts per kg - falling into the "World class" range for FTP.

What power meter did you use?

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    Emmmmm I am going to venture a guess that your power meter is not correctly calibrated.

400watts for 20 minutes implies an FTP of 380 watts. At 63kg thats 6.03watts per kg - falling into the "World class" range for FTP.

What power meter did you use?

I can tell you the exact one it was in UCC and was working off a server so im thinking it was a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 911

I can tell you the exact one it was in UCC and was working off a server so im thinking it was a good one

Is your name P. Deignan? If not you're talking rubbish.

911 wrote: »

I don't think his would be that high.

911 wrote: »

In Philips last test he had an output of 490 watts

I think we have gone way off point here i just want to know how much people would get foe my bike

I think we have gone way off point here i just want to know how much people would get foe my bike

Good point.

Given the less than common gearing and crank length that might make people a little less inclined to pay top dollar, likewise I don't think many people would want the pedals.

Nice gruppo and wheels.

I'd say 1200-1400.

I Cant do much about crank length but i can put the original rings back on and take off the Rotor rings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amjon

tunney wrote: »

Not everyone that posts on this board is a grade A1 muppet mate...

Advertisement