Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems with UTV today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Namesco wrote: »
    Tonight seems to be the worst GRRR!!! Eircom

321852348.png

looks like things are solved :)

322397901.png

I did get 4650 earlier in the evening, exchange must of been upgraded, still moving to BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tradalai

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/THOMAS%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]Yes the tools like speedtest.com and irishisptest.ie report ok now but the actual download speed is still crap - approx 7kb/s from a 3Mb link.

see attach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

my latest speeds? emm... I guess I'll just have to be unscientific and take a potshot judged by browsing speeds as can't even get speedtest to load, just keep being told I need flash, it's like being back in the 90's. Latest speed recorded=Sh*t * dialup when your teenage sister is on the phone to the latest "love of her life". Tried ringing UTV last night, after a really hard and long day in work due to a deadline gave up after 25 min with that gob****e telling me someone will be with me shortly.

Decided after over 4 years with them I've had enough, maybe it's not their fault the speed is knackered but this is just the proverbial straw, as has been mentioned there's other stuff such as despite being a loyal customer f*ck you when it comes to new deals etc.

I know they're monitoring this so goodbye, I've had enough!

/Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

I'm on 3Mb UTV at the moment, downgraded from 7.6Mb earlier this week. I figured it couldn't get any worse.

I saw a poster named tradalai has sent an email to ComReg with links to this thread. I will do the same tomorrow when I'm more clear-headed, and will link this thread and any other thread in relation to this dire situation. In-fact, if everyone here does it, it will annoy them more into maybe getting a resolution from the telcos. Make some noise, it might work out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tradalai

I'll wait until mid next week as I am away Mon - if its not solved then by bye UTV after 4 years.

You all could send a complaint to comreg consumerline@comreg.ie

Attach proof of complaints (emails) to UTV - otherwise nothing will happen on this. I have mailed UTV admin stating I am not paying for the last month but as usual have had NO REPLY.

UTV have not heard of the word customer service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

wish i had UTV to complain about it. Im stuck at home alone with RTE 1 and RTE 2 cause our NTL box still hasnt come!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im just going to stick with them cos they are the only ones offering unlimited downloads in my area. IN gernal they have been good for me, just lately they have been ****e. My dopwnload speed the last couple of days have been 100% but I still have ****e pings. Playing games online is horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

I get better speeds connecting to my neighbours wireless, Digiweb 1Mb, than my own, 3Mb UTV. Their connection is stable and they have noticed no loss of quality. With no end in sight it's time to vote with my feet and leave them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

tradalai wrote: »
    I'll wait until mid next week as I am away Mon - if its not solved then by bye UTV after 4 years.

You all could send a complaint to comreg consumerline@comreg.ie

Attach proof of complaints (emails) to UTV - otherwise nothing will happen on this. I have mailed UTV admin stating I am not paying for the last month but as usual have had NO REPLY.

UTV have not heard of the word customer service

I haven't been emailing my complaints to UTV because, in my recent experience, there's just NO point - they almost NEVER answer and, if they do, WEEKS later, it's generic whitewash. All my complaints have been by phone - after waiting an average of 25 minutes a time.
    However, I will try and compose something over the next few days and then email Comreg, for what it's worth. Right now, I just feel totally fed up with it all. I've looked up my contract with UTV and discovered that I have to pay 29.99 to buy myself out - even though I'm officially over the 6 months :eek: Everyone has to pay this if they've signed up or renewed within the last couple of years, as I have.
    I went unlimited in April - what a joke! Even if I stayed on 24 hours, I wouldn't be able to accumulate enough to reach half the original cap :mad: However, I will pay the money to get, out of this deal and try Eircom - it's really my only other option at the moment :( I just hate all the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

3mb

322819572.png

322820797.png

definite difference!!

• Advertisement

322831681.png
    Not so lucky here :(

Getting unusable now - the Speedtest page took 2 minutes to load and another 4 to complete the following test:

322888610.png

I have emailed UTV as follows:
    Complaint to UTV - 13th September
    I know that writing this email is a total waste of time, but I want to have a written record of my complaint. I have already been on to your phone support and logged my complaints. As you are very well aware, broadband speeds have been abysmal lately - my all time low on your 2Mb package is 37 Kbps. Mind you, I'm certain I've been lower, but none of the speed checkers could load on those occasions! At peak times, I rarely achieve better than 300 Kbps, although at 4am, if I can stay awake till then, I can sometimes get up to 1600 Kbps.
    I know that you are blaming Eircom for all this - which is a right old cop out if ever there was one - but U are my ISP and U are taking my money, so U are responsible. You have conveniently sidestepped the issue and not posted ANY information online, nor emailed your customers about the problem or the issues involved in the Eircom upgrading. If you imagine that this gets you out of any blame - think again. I know you are aware of the complaints online at boards.ie. It's a pity you can't show a little respect for us - even BT has SOME information on its site.
    Since your phone support states that you have no idea if or when the problems will be resolved, you leave most of us with little choice but to change providers and/or complain to Comreg, which I will now be doing along with many others. There is a suspicion that Eircom is not wholly at fault here and that UTV should have addressed certain line problems with action of its own. Moreover, if the problem is NOT being experienced by Eircom customers, for whatever reason, then change to them is the only option. If it IS also a problem with Eircom, then, as a customer of theirs, I can complain directly to the source and not keep going round in circles while UTV and Eircom laugh all the way to the bank with MY money!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Fixed!!! UTV 3Mb.

322929405.png

If this is it fixed then god help us when they have " issues ", the previous poster is correct, the fob you and say its eircon's fault, but my contract is with UTV and they want to charge me €29.99 to get out of this crap service!

What really frustrates me is they tell you no-one else has complained about this even though we all know that they are lying.....although if you do get someone Ireland they are a bit more genuine... I phoned about SKY and I'm certain I got the same guy in India that told me its my computer that's causing my slow speeds!

Also this is playing right into Eircon's hands as I want to cancel and go with Eircon and be voluntarily overcharged, never thought I would see the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Mine is crawling again. Cant take much more of this:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fme

Hi all,
    Just FYI
    Been with UTV several years and rarely any issues but as for everyone else, the last week or so some evenings the speed is crawling. including tonight - meant to be on 2Mb but its more like 200k. Am in Dublin 15 area.
    Just a thought - maybe their recent free digital photo frame offer was a roaring success and system overloaded because of it...:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hrmph, I'm 2 months waiting on my free digital frame!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crankyoldgit

Since late August I have been getting 200KB speeds when Im paying u.tv for 3MB Broadband.

Today I stayed on hold with customer service for longer than 20mins and eventually spoke to someone who said it was Eircom's problem.

When my next bill comes I plan to use the Small Claims Procedure to get u.tv to refund what I am paying for Broadband

The small claims procedure will cost me €15 but Ill be looking for my entire monthly payment back.

For the price of 3 pints it will cause u.tv some pain. Maybe this will be enough for them to pass the pain on to Eircom - and get something done.

https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Since late August I have been getting 200KB speeds when Im paying u.tv for 3MB Broadband.

Today I stayed on hold with customer service for longer than 20mins and eventually spoke to someone who said it was Eircom's problem.

When my next bill comes I plan to use the Small Claims Procedure to get u.tv to refund what I am paying for Broadband

The small claims procedure will cost me €15 but Ill be looking for my entire monthly payment back.

For the price of 3 pints it will cause u.tv some pain. Maybe this will be enough for them to pass the pain on to Eircom - and get something done.

https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

It would be useful to email utv with your complaints so that you will have a physical evidence to produce if you do find it necessary to go to the small claims court.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

byte wrote: »

Eircom are delaying it!!!:D:D

byte

dub45 wrote: »
    Eircom are delaying it!!!:D:D
    Hahaha :D

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for that, too ... oh, just a second, my SCREEN, you say .. THAT'S the photo frame :eek: :pac:
    Honestly, I'm so embarrassed to have recommended UTV to anyone else that I'm skulking behind closed doors now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crankyoldgit

but that doesnt mean the everyone is NOT out to get me :)

Since posting the note about taking a small claims action
    the speed on my 3MB line has jumped to between
    3.5MB and 6MB (according to speedtest.net)

not quite as good according to irishisptest.com - but they give some interesting detailed analysis on quality of service.

Meanwhile Im taking the advice above and gathering hard data

Since posting the note about taking a small claims action
    the speed on my 3MB line has jumped to between
    3.5MB and 6MB (according to speedtest.net)

Meanwhile Im taking the advice above and gathering hard data

323340263.png

Or maybe it's the weekend and people in your area have other things to do besides go on the net. Not so here in Donegal on a rainy Sunday evening, as can be seen from my results above :( ALL the neighbours must be sharing my bandwidth at the moment - the tester took 4 minutes to complete and OMG what a poor result :mad:

CAN I JUST STATE THAT I TOO WILL BE TAKING A CASE TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT - JUST IN CASE ;)

We're all going to the small claims court. :P (hope this works...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Yesterday was crap speeds of between 15kb and 100kb until about 6pm then it improved and today its fine all day

323360360.png

Agreed it's been better so far today (but by no means as good as it should be). I'm waiting for tomorrow before I draw any conclusions regarding whether it's completely fixed or not.

Monday's the real test.

Hi,

Over the last week or more many customers in Ireland who are with BT Ireland and UTV Internet have been experiencing slow broadband speeds, which are slower than dial-up during the afternoon and evening time. I know UTV Internet do use some of BT Ireland's infrastructure, based on trace route hops to any domain.

As yet there has been no word or publication on your site about these problems, but there has been a mention of it on BT Ireland's site.

Boards.ie has many posts of unsatisfied customers facing this issue, and I am one of those posters.

See:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055368054
    and
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055371860

Whether it's a BT, UTV, or Eircom problem, is yet to be fully established by us customers. But, either way, it's just doesn't bode well that these problems are ongoing without any word or communication to us on what has been done so far to at least make an attempt at fixing it. Therefore, if you can, please release an honest statement of intent and progress regarding this mess.

I will be CC'ing this email onto ComReg, and I hope that many of those other posters on Boards.ie do likewise. I would hope that this problem is fixed quite soon, as we are all paying good money for a service that has not been provided nearly to its potential.

I have rang UTV Support about this on 1890 926 111, and I have been informed that it's a post-upgrade issue and that Eircom are at fault. I'm not entirely convinced that statement is true, as the problem is been posted namely by BT and UTV subscribers, who apparently share some of the same infrastructure. However, all blame aside, the problem is there, and it needs to be fixed quickly.

My UTV username is something@adsl.utvinternet.ie, and the line's phone number is 066 1234567. Also, the email address I am writing to you from now, was the email I used upon signing up to UTV.

I await your reply.

Regards,
    Dave.

I sent the email to support@u.tv and CC'ed it to consumerline@comreg.ie, as advised by another poster.

Anyone else fancy doing the same, and make some noise for our benefit?

Good one, DECEiFER - I've already sent my email to UTV and I'll now cc it to consumerline.
    Can I also suggest that people post their 'speed' tests on this thread at least once a day? Not only will this be a record for themselves if/when redress is applied for but it's also a warning to anyone out there who is even thinking of changing to UTV. No amount of digital photo gadgets will make up for being 'framed' by UTV into thinking that this is broadband!
    This is my 'speed' at the moment - after waiting 6 minutes for the test to load and complete :mad::mad::mad:
    323405575.png

Take heed, UTV - your dirty linen is on the line at boards.ie!

byte

Good email, Deceifer. Hope you get a response.

I will mail them something similar. Maybe if they get bombarded with enough complaints they might do something other than say "oh, it's Eircom's fault"

323411653.png

It seems speeds are supposedly OK for me. Of course, websites etc inside Ireland load OK, though as for any sites that are hosted in the likes of USA are near on impossible ot use, and this goes for the likes of Youtube also.

• Advertisement

Good email, Deceifer. Hope you get a response.

I will mail them something similar. Maybe if they get bombarded with enough complaints they might do something other than say "oh, it's Eircom's fault"

323411653.png

It seems speeds are supposedly OK for me. Of course, websites etc inside Ireland load OK, though as for any sites that are hosted in the likes of USA are near on impossible ot use, and this goes for the likes of Youtube also.
    Same for me, yeah.

I gotta say, though, that I'm expecting a general slowdown tomorrow to dial-up speeds again, in-line with what has been going on throughout the previous weekdays.

Advertisement