Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Idiots Guide to certificates and stuff...

• 05-09-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

CAn anyone point me in the right direction? Just to install a stupid theme I keep getting certificate expired - I read to change date to 2007 but nothing works - it wont install!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you try changing the date and time to the correct ones and rebooting the phone....it's worth a try....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

try a few different dates. Most themes have certs issued that only last 3 months so you might need to try a few to get with three months before the cert issuing. I had a similar problem with my N95 and some of them were as old as 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

And how would I find out when the cert was issued????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Just keep rolling back till you find a date that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

What type of phone do you have?

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    What type of phone do you have?
    Its the Nokia N95 8g. I love it but want to change the theme - none of them will install because it tells me the certificates have expired.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

PM me a link to the theme and your IMEI (*#06# from standby) and I'll sign it for you.

matrim wrote: »
    PM me a link to the theme and your IMEI (*#06# from standby) and I'll sign it for you.

wow thanks!

Right well after a LOT searching and installing of some (maybe dodgy??) things on my phone and pc, I have managed to install it myself ! :D and after the best part of the day shaking while doing it, don't like the theme all that much:( but at least I know now if another pops along that takes my fancy, I can do it! just hope phone doesn't spontaneously combust........:eek:

errrr - is it necessary to install an antivirus on a phone.....????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

dragona wrote: »

only if you can't think of a better way to unnecessarily slow it down ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dragona wrote: »

no it's not. there are only about 5 mobile viruses in existence and as long as you're careful when receiving .sis and .jar files (symbian and java programs) you'll be fine. just make sure a program is reputable before installing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is there a virus scanner for sis files that i can run on my pc before installing the sis and jars on my phone?

Advertisement