Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Heating up food on campus

• 05-09-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

I'm planning on bringing in my lunch to UCD more often than I eat from one of the many on campus eatries this year and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a publicly accessible microwave anywhere on campus or any restaurant that is willing to heat food for people?

Thanks,
    Zounds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Nope, afaik it's a Health and Safety issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

good question OP...how i dream people can do that in japan anywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Nope, afaik it's a Health and Safety issue.

Sheer madness, but I know you are right. But I would say more people get burned at coffee machines than people do get injured at microwaves. Kettles and coffee machines will be the next target in this crazy world we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I was half considering bringing in a microwave and setting up a business at one point but I reckoned I'd be moved on fairly swiftly. As a fan of home-cooked pasta, it's very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

why not just make friends with someone who's living in UCD, just to use their microwave!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's one or two in the eng building. Unless they've been removed since last year. Heated many a meal in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

There's one or two in the eng building. Unless they've been removed since last year. Heated many a meal in them

Great, thanks. I knew there had to be some somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

There's one in the Arts Cafe - the minimum wagers won't lift a finger to stop you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

or if you have friends working in labs in the chemistry building or cscb; there are a few microwaves around in the kitchens/offices (obv don't use the ones in labs!). Ah LUXURY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

jimi_t wrote: »
    There's one in the Arts Cafe - the minimum wagers won't lift a finger to stop you.
    Y'know, you could try to come across as more of a condescending ass but you would probably fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

One of key promises of this year's Welfare Officer had something to do with having more microwaves.

Advertisement