Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at Home - Terrible Performace...

Options
  • 05-09-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone got the 7.6M package from Vodafone ? I've just got it today but the performance is really poor - on general use its worse than my old 1M package from BT. According to Speedtest I'm getting approx 1.5M download which in theory is not bad but I would have expected a 7.6M to be achieving somewhere around 5-6M on average. Also even though it is showing as quicker than my old connection seems slower, even loading this forum was slow which I think is a function that there may be long delays in the stream. I tried the streaming on the RTE website and it just doesnt work at all, justs jumps from one freeze frame to the next.

Anyone else got any experience of Vodafone ? Is it just a busy Friday afternoon or is it always this bad ?

I've spoken to the tech support guys and they say everything is fine its just contention, the 7.6M has a 1:24 contention but I'm really surprised that it is so bad.

I'd be interested to see if anyone is getting better performance or I'll be going back to BT on Monday :)

Thanks,
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

From looking around the rest of the forum it seems many people on bitstream dsl (BT, Vodafone, IBB, UTV etc.) are having problems at the mo with slow transfer rates...so I'd say in your case it's just bad timing for the change-over.

I was going to go with Vodafone myself as I was getting DSL a few weeks ago but went with BT in the end - mainly cause they offered a 6 month contract (hoping that UPC will upgrade their network near me soon...) other than that vodafone seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi,
    I have just signed up to the vodafone at home 3mb package. I am getting really bad speeds. it appears im getting 250k download. thats approx 1/12 of the upper limit. Is there anything i(we) can do to put pressure on vodafone to speed up the connection? Im tied into a 12 month contract.Aggh it is very annoying. I feel i've been had...

Advertisement