Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online store with hunting section

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Nice one RH like the price of the new Bushnell 6500. empting the penny jar as I type!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Nice one RH like the price of the new Bushnell 6500. empting the penny jar as I type!!:D:D

Would you believe fish slapped I just ordered a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 Mildot from opticswarehouse in the uk on thursday. I was just surfing the web to look for any reviews on the bushnell when i came across that website. Got a pretty good deal off of opticswarehouse they had a 20% off their bushnell range which finished yesterday :D:D Got 90 odd pound off the scope so happy days.
    Have not used bushnell optics before but from what iv read on the net they seemed to be highly rated especially in the U.S

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=416

A few places in the UK sell them as Baush and Lomb, Don't know what the story is there:rolleyes:, but they are very good optics and well worth the money especialy with £90 off!! good deal. what rifle u putting it on?

Ill be putting it on my new cz 527 lux fish slapped, that zos was grand for a few days but it was just to heavy (1.4 0r so pounds). Just happened to see the deal with opticswarehouse and could not let it go.In the us they are selling from $900 to $1100.

Mr. Fox had better watch out, sounds like a nice rig and may you wear it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Good luck with the new gear RH, i was on the site last night, nice prices. Got talking to Gunther on live chat and they cant choose who does the shipping its up to the suppliers.:( So wont be dealing with them, sick of getting screwed by ups and fedex, usps is the only way to go. Let us know how you get on with opticswarehouse.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I believe the value for which VAT does not apply is increasing to 150 euro soon

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Traumadoc wrote: »
    I believe the value for which VAT does not apply is increasing to 150 euro soon

That would be great, currently it's €22 for stuff you get delivered and €175 for stuff you bring home yourself. It's a bit unfair that the difference between the two scenarios is so big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I can only second the opinion on AnPost's American cousins. I've gotten a bit of gear out of the states over the last while : including a scope, mounts, boresnakes and a chainsaw and the US Postal Service has been flawless every time. When there's an option to get stuff shipped through them go for it. No shenanigans or "handling" fees or mysterious customs charges when they handle shipping and your local postman who knows where you live delivers.

Meathsteve cheers , top tip, are they just down as US postal service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Most of the time the USPS abbreviation would be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

How long does the shippping usually take from the US + how much ?

Do these look like good deals:

Bushnell Scout 1000 Laser Rangefinder €176

or
    Bushnell Yardage Pro Trophy Rangefinder €147

which would be the better range finder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Would you believe fish slapped I just ordered a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 Mildot from opticswarehouse in the uk on thursday. I was just surfing the web to look for any reviews on the bushnell when i came across that website.

Be Careful with Optics Warehouse. They dont provide a telephone number
    (or didnt last time I checked) anyplace through your entire order process.

I had delays with an order before and my emails were not responded to and
    the contact us form failed to get any response. I did get a telephone number for them
    (but I lost it) from their old webpage but they changed it. At the time I got to talk
    to them "they" turned out from the sounds of things to be one bloke in a warehouse.
    He did however give me a more expensive scope as he was out of stock of the one I ordered. I also got some other nice bargains from them. Prices were great but
    Communications were bad.

~B

Thanks for the heads up bullets, im glad to say my order came through last week and I am well happy with my new scope. Thanks again for your concern .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

bullets wrote: »
    Be Careful with Optics Warehouse. They dont provide a telephone number
    (or didnt last time I checked) anyplace through your entire order process.

I had delays with an order before and my emails were not responded to and
    the contact us form failed to get any response. I did get a telephone number for them
    (but I lost it) from their old webpage but they changed it. At the time I got to talk
    to them "they" turned out from the sounds of things to be one bloke in a warehouse.
    He did however give me a more expensive scope as he was out of stock of the one I ordered. I also got some other nice bargains from them. Prices were great but
    Communications were bad.

~B

I have to say the communications at Opticswarehouse were great- a girl named Lisa replied promptly to all my emails. Fast delivery.

I also got a more expensive scope to avoid a delay- a nikon buck master over a prostaff :)

Has anyone ordered from Overstock ?

Advertisement