Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When should you start looking for childcare?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me when I should start looking for childcare? I know I will have to go back to work but don't want to be left without having chosen a creche or childminder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

How old is your baby?:)

D'oh I've just realised from your username that your baby probably isn't born yet. If you're thinking of a creche then i would get looking and booking sooner rather than later. I had my name on the waiting list for the creche at my work from when I was 3 months pregnant and I finally got a call from them with a place the day before her first birthday. They're not all that bad though.... but some creches don't take babies under a certain age so it is worth looking around sooner rather than later.
    With childminders you can probably leave it til closer to when you're going back to work but I guess that depends on availability in your area but again you don't want to leave it so late that you have to take the first one you find. It would be no harm to start sussing out informally what other parents near you do and take it from there.

Advertisement