Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for insulting behaviour

Options
  • 05-09-2008 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is too "technical" for a non Wrestling fan:

Before I explain this situation I would like say as I’ve said in the past I think Fozzy does a great job as moderator. In my dealings with him he has always been consistant and fair.

Yesterday I received I warning over this message as it Fozzy deemed it to be insulting. Ive asked him a number of times why so but he did not give me a direct answer:
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Why aren't they using the Undertaker for the scramble instead of prolonging this Vicki/ La Familia garbage? Or how about using the Big Show?
    rovert wrote: »
    As it is a nothing show. While having Taker and HHH in the same ring for a long time in a ****ty scramble is probably the dumbest idea Ive ever heard. Same story to a far lesser extent with Show.

I respect his position as moderator but I believe he is being unfair and grossly inconsistent when it comes to giving warnings for this particular reason. I think my post is fair, reasonable comment. Undertaker and HHH is a likely Wrestlemania (WWE's biggest show) main event some would say a dream match too after all this time to waste it on a minor Pay Per View in a multi man match with what three weeks build is in fact a very, very dumb idea in the very least in my opinion. I accept there is a degree of hyperbole in saying "probably the dumbest idea Ive ever heard" but still such a decision may cost the company millions. But I dont think I should be given a warning for hyperbole.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its only a warning, you were borderline being thick with another post. Just acknowledge it and work to post civily and fairly without killing each other :) Just my 2c. Not a user of the forum, but it seems a fairly straight forward warning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert responded to LZ5by5 by saying that his idea was "probably the dumbest idea Ive ever heard". I found that to be an insulting remark so I gave rovert a warning

The issue isn't with LZ5by5's post, because in fairness it's not that great an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Have I insulted you in this thread personally? Have I been rude to you in this thread rovert? I don't think so.

I hold my hands up and admit I was an idiot in the past, but I've tried to move on and tend to not get in your way lately. Hell just look at this post rovert, a post that you THANKED, holding my hands up for my previous behaviour that I displayed and saying how much I respect your knowledge of the business:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=100

Rovert, I don't think I have gotten in an argument with you in well over a month, maybe more. I have been nothing but polite to you but you still display this horrible comtempt for your fellow posters. I've tried man, and you know that I haven't done anything lately to be held in such contempt with your style of posting.

Fozzy wrote: »
    rovert responded to LZ5by5 by saying that his idea was "probably the dumbest idea Ive ever heard". I found that to be an insulting remark so I gave rovert a warning

The issue isn't with LZ5by5's post, because in fairness it's not that great an idea

It wasn't even an idea. I didn't actually say that the Undertaker or the Big Show should be in the match. I was just responding to rovert's claim of a lack of depth on SD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sully wrote: »
    Its only a warning, you were borderline being thick with another post. Just acknowledge it and work to post civily and fairly without killing each other :) Just my 2c. Not a user of the forum, but it seems a fairly straight forward warning. :)

People have been more than borderline thick with me frequently in that forum, yet Fozzy has been inconsistant in takingit upon himself to issue warnings to these people.

• Advertisement

It wasn't even an idea. I didn't actually say that the Undertaker or the Big Show should be in the match. I was just responding to rovert's claim of a lack of depth on SD.
    Originally Posted by LZ5by5
    Why aren't they using the Undertaker for the scramble instead of prolonging this Vicki/ La Familia garbage? Or how about using the Big Show?

You did

Note the Scramble we are referring to is a type of match.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

To rovert,

You were asked by Fozzy recently to be more respectful in the Lesnar/Couture thread where personally I felt your behaviour was completely out of order telling one person to 'quit his whining', telling him to 'get a clue' and resorting to your old tendency for a 1 word response (to Bubs) which you have been warned about in the past.

Now you are actually complaining about how you have been treated? Will you cop on man.

You were given your warning for yet again showing disrespect. Fozzy is a good moderator and as I said on the other thread on you in feedback, I personally feel you have been given the benefit of the doubt one too many times. You should thank your lucky stars he has been as patient with you as he has been.

You did

Note the Scramble we are referring to is a type of match.

It was a general point rovert directly against your point of of a lack of depth. And I find it just typical that your dwelling on this instead of replying to Post #4 in this thread, which is the issue.

Have I insulted you in this thread personally? Have I been rude to you in this thread rovert? I don't think so.

You were quite snotty in your I'll leave you with this line when posting a link to a made up story from the 411mania site.
    Rovert, I don't think I have gotten in an argument with you in well over a month, maybe more. I have been nothing but polite to you but you still display this horrible comtempt for your fellow posters. I've tried man, and you know that I haven't done anything lately to be held in such contempt with your style of posting.

I addressed this in the PM I sent you yesterday, which you didnt reply to.

You were quite snotty in your I'll leave you with this line when posting a link to a made up story from the 411mania site..

You pick one line, that was a retort to two of your previous posts that insulted me first.

I addressed this in the PM I sent you yesterday, which you didnt reply to.

I didn't get a PM from you. Does you being on my ignore list prevent me from getting PM's from you?

• Advertisement

To rovert,

You were asked by Fozzy recently to be more respectful in the Lesnar/Couture thread where personally I felt your behaviour was completely out of order telling one person to 'quit his whining', telling him to 'get a clue' and resorting to your old tendency for a 1 word response (to Bubs) which you have been warned about in the past.

That poster came into a thread talking about the press conference and said basicailly after viewing the facts people listening to press conference had relayed, told them that they were wrong. The person who I told to quit his whining showed little understand of this business side of promoting fights eventhought the rational was already stated in the thread.

Doing something half a dozen times given mey post count is not a tendency as Ive said a million times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Before I explain this situation I would like say as I’ve said in the past I think Fozzy does a great job as moderator. In my dealings with him he has always been consistant and fair.
    People have been more than borderline thick with me frequently in that forum, yet Fozzy has been inconsistant in takingit upon himself to issue warnings to these people.

You changed your mind quite quickly there.

You pick one line, that was a retort to two of your previous posts that insulted me first.?

I was merely answering your question.
    I didn't get a PM from you. Does you being on my ignore list prevent me from getting PM's from you?

I dont know but on my mail account it says I send it. Here it is anyway:
    Just so you know I put you on my ignore list. I just can't believe your manner of posting. I don't have the knowledge that you have when it comes to Pro Wrestling, I'm gonna make mistakes. You don't have to be ignorant in your response when you disagree, I thanked a post by VR that disagreed with me because that is how you should treat people, with some common courtesy.

I remember defending you to people after that thread in helpdesk but you just have no respect for anyone who thinks differently to you. And don't give me this "facts" ****, common courtesy costs you nothing man.

Where was I ignorant? A lot of you message I dont understand.

On your second point see my latest post in the Benoit One Year thread:
    Well you at least put it better than Bubs* did. I dont mind people favouring one side or another, it is the lack of respect for the other side's opinion that Bubs had. There is no true right or wrong just two two schools of thought.

*I don’t care about differences in knowledge it is your habit of posting things as total fact from questionable sources when in reality they can be easily disproven or which could be verified by other members, that is ignorance there. You could have easily said under that quote from 411mania, is this true and there would be no problems.

Bubs called a number of people with rational arguments childish. I don’t know if Fozzy or other mods warned him there.

You changed your mind quite quickly there.

No I havent, Fozzy became inconsistant when he warned me for it when priot he was totally consistant. Nice try though.

Then the fact that you said always seems a little odd to me.

I was merely answering your question.

I dont know but on my mail account it says I send it. Here it is anyway:

Bubs called a number of people with rational arguments childish. I don’t know if Fozzy or other mods warned him there.

You were ignorant to me through the two posts that got me pissed off rovert and Fozzy obviously agrees since he warned you. You can put it any way you want but you know that it is your style of posting that is the issue. I am not alone in thinking that either. The way you treat people is devoid of class in every way. I've disagreed with VR countless times but he has for the most part treated me with respect and always had class in his posts.

Like I said already rovert, when a website says "According to The Wrestling Observer" I'm going to take that at face value. I mean why wouldn't the Observer complain to 411 that they are misrepresenting them? And note I am not saying 411 were right, I know now that they are wrong. I just don't understand why the Observer are letting them away with it, surely someone would bring it to their attention?

Then the fact that you said always seems a little odd to me.

Please notice I was talking in the past tense you know prior to this warning being issued. Once again nice try again. Are you going to actually add something to this topic or are you just going to troll?

No I havent, Fozzy became inconsistant when he warned me for it when priot he was totally consistant. Nice try though.

This is an example of your condescending posting style when you clearly contradicted yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I think this is absolutely stupid and that rovert is simply looking for attention. Over the course of the past four months, Fozzy has cut rovert a lot of rope for being quite frankly, an arrogant ass a lot of the time, to the point where my metaphor for him was "Fido, your leash is too long".

I guess rovert's leash is starting to shrink and isn't appreciating the tightness of it. Quite frankly, i'm surprised Fozzy hasn't lost it with him a lot sooner.

As Sully said, it was a warning, get over it. I've have banned your ass for trolling months ago had it been me.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Why would I have gotten one. First of all, I didn't call his argument childish rather his attitude. Secondly, I justified my response when prompted and then VR agreed and expanded. Not as if I was alone in my opinion.

In general regarding wrestling feedback threads, if we are going to do this again, can we please take the abuse back to the PW forum as opposed to getting another feedback thread locked

• Advertisement

You were ignorant to me through the two posts that got me pissed off rovert and Fozzy obviously agrees since he warned you. You can put it any way you want but you know that it is your style of posting that is the issue. I am not alone in thinking that either. The way you treat people is devoid of class in every way. I've disagreed with VR countless times but he has for the most part treated me with respect and always had class in his posts.?

You've a certion style too, you know. I totally disagree how you class me as a poster as you view of me runs hot and cold.
    Like I said already rovert, when a website says "According to The Wrestling Observer" I'm going to take that at face value. I mean why wouldn't the Observer complain to 411 that they are misrepresenting them? And note I am not saying 411 were right, I know now they are wrong. I just don't understand why the Observer are letting them away with it, surely someone would bring it to their attention?

The Wrestling Observer does do this LZ5by5. Ive told you about posting from unreliable sources numerous times in great detail yet you take no heed. Yet you continue to barge into threads claimng it to be fact. As Ive already said here "You could have easily said under that quote from 411mania, is this true and there would be no problems."

This is an example of your condescending posting style when you clearly contradicted yourself.

Clearly how? Ive already explained how I didnt. In terms of my condescending posting style look at the post Im referring to.

I think this is absolutely stupid and that rovert is simply looking for attention. Over the course of the past four months, Fozzy has cut rovert a lot of rope for being quite frankly, an arrogant ass a lot of the time, to the point where my metaphor for him was "Fido, your leash is too long".

I guess rovert's leash is starting to shrink and isn't appreciating the tightness of it. Quite frankly, i'm surprised Fozzy hasn't lost it with him a lot sooner.

As Sully said, it was a warning, get over it. I've have banned your ass for trolling months ago had it been me.

VR!

Care to give any examples VR? Please dont rehash ones that have been done to death in the other feedback thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Wrestling to me is nothing more than a soap opera full of half naked oily men, but to quote DeV from multiple other threads:

Storm. Teacup.

/me wishes I had something better to do other than read pointless feedback threads

Can we please return to the actual topic and stop attacking me as many of you are displaying the same behaviour you are giving out to me for.

You've a certion style too, you know. I totally disagree how you class me as a poster as you view of me runs hot and cold..

I have only ever received one warning, and that was for criticising a blatant troll in Personal Issues. I have only ever been courteous in my posts rovert and any time I lose my cool it's only because I am offended by arrogance and rudeness in posts.

My opinion has never blown hot and cold with you, it's simple; I respect your huge knowledge of the business but I find your treatment of people deplorable.

The Wrestling Observer does do this LZ5by5. Ive told you about posting from unreliable sources numerous times in great detail yet you take no heed. Yet you continue to barge into threads claimng it to be fact. As Ive already said here "You could have easily said under that quote from 411mania, is this true and there would be no problems."

How do I barge into threads? Am I confrontational? I don't think so. Am I rude? Never, and I only get pissed off when greeted with rudeness. Do I stamp my opinion as absolute fact and everyone as idiots? No.

Don't worry man, I'm never going to use these "newz" sites again.

You put this in a feedback thread and when you get feedback you complain.:confused:

Personally I think you contradicted yourself as you didn't bring up Fozzy being inconstant in your original statement but later on and it is one of the main parts of your argument, but thats just me.

I have only ever received one warning, and that was for criticising a blatant troll in Personal Issues. I have only ever been courteous in my posts rovert and any time I lose my cool it's only because I am offended by arrogance and rudeness in posts..

Im talking about your total belief in third party websites and WWE revisionist history even when confronted with solid facts to the contry
    How do I barge into threads? Am I confrontational? I don't think so. Am I rude? Never, and I only get pissed off when greeted with rudeness. Do I stamp my opinion as absolute fact and everyone as idiots?

No but you make claims with very little basis. Back the last line of your post up and prove me wrong here.
    My opinion has never blown hot and cold with you, it's simple; I respect your huge knowledge of the business but I find your treatment of people deplorable.

Good example of hyperbole here, rude too.
    Personally I think you contradicted yourself as you didn't bring up Fozzy being inconstant in your original statement but later on and it is one of the main parts of your argument, but thats just me.

One was were I speaking in the past tense and other I was speaking in the present tense. How hard is that to understand?

Im talking about your total belief in third party websites and WWE revisionist history even when confronted with solid facts to the contary.

Are you really insulting me because I use arguments presented in WWE DVD's, what else am I suppose to use, not including subscribing to The Observer? As I said rovert you have a much greater knowledge of Pro Wrestling than I do and you have the sources that are unbiased. I don't, maybe you can direct me towards some good books and dvds.

Again with the third party websites. I know now that they are all untrustworthy. I am not in a position to subscribe to the real source for news, The Observer, so forgive me for that.

No but you make claims with very little basis. Back the last line of your post and prove me wrong here.

As I said, I haven't got the unbiased sources that you have on Pro Wrestling so I have decided to refrain from posting in PW now.

• Advertisement

Are you really insulting me because I use arguments presented in WWE DVD's, what else am I suppose to use, not including subscribing to The Observer? As I said rovert you have a much greater knowledge of Pro Wrestling than I do and you have the sources that are unbiased. I don't, maybe you can direct me towards some good books and dvds.

Again with the third party websites. I know now that they are all untrustworthy. I am not in a position to subscribe to the real source for news, The Observer, so forgive me for that.

As I said, I haven't got the unbiased sources that you have on Pro Wrestling so I have decided to refrain from posting in PW now.

Ahh dont say that now. In general you are a pretty decent poster in my opinion, so again:
    I don’t care about differences in knowledge it is your habit of posting things as total fact from questionable sources when in reality they can be easily disproven or which could be verified by other members, that is ignorance there. You could have easily said under that quote from 411mania, is this true and there would be no problems.

No one deserves undue deference on that board. Ive been wrong many, many times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement