Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dailies to Monthlies

• 05-09-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

I started weearing contacts about a month ago and find them great. I have the Johnson & Johnson Acuvue. The problem is they are pretty darn expensive so I'm thinking of switching to monthlies. Is there much difference in how they feel on your eyes? When I wear my contacts, I leave them in for 2 or three days. I know this isn't great, but it's handy. I was wondering if I would be able to wear them on a night out and then not take them off when I get home.go to a friends house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Yikes, you must have very wet eyes if you can manage that. When I tried monthlies I found them more comfortable. Apart from that there wasn't much difference. You do have to be careful taking them out so they don't rip and then wash them in solution, so it's a bit more maintenance.

Edit: Forgot to say I only pay €35 for a box of 90s, are you being ripped off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yikes, you must have very wet eyes if you can manage that. When I tried monthlies I found them more comfortable. Apart from that there wasn't much difference. You do have to be careful taking them out so they don't rip and then wash them in solution, so it's a bit more maintenance.

Edit: Forgot to say I only pay €35 for a box of 90s, are you being ripped off?

Well, when I wake up my eyes feel like they won't open properly but that shakes off after a while.

Yeah, its 60 smackers for 60. I would get them online but Im pretty lazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

dwn wth vwls were do you get your contacts online at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

I get them from yourlenses.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

do you need to give a prescription to yourlenses.ie when ordering? from reading it seems that you don't - I thought that most online lens dealers asked for a prescription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I have Dailies also - but i get 3/4 days out of one pair. Take them out every night and put back into the blister (still containing the saline solution after opening). Have to say, after 1 year of doing this and saving a lot of money - i've not had 1 problem with eye infections and the likes (touch wood)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

funktastic wrote: »
    do you need to give a prescription to yourlenses.ie when ordering? from reading it seems that you don't - I thought that most online lens dealers asked for a prescription?

You don't - you just have to confirm your prescription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

just looking for 6 month supply cibavision dailes aqua comfort plus and found aclens.com. 6 month supply inc shipping is 130 euro cheaper than here! Just wondering has anyone dealt with these guys before???
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

Jay P wrote: »
    I started weearing contacts about a month ago and find them great. I have the Johnson & Johnson Acuvue. The problem is they are pretty darn expensive so I'm thinking of switching to monthlies. Is there much difference in how they feel on your eyes? When I wear my contacts, I leave them in for 2 or three days. I know this isn't great, but it's handy. I was wondering if I would be able to wear them on a night out and then not take them off when I get home.go to a friends house?

i wear monthhlies and they feel oko on my eyes if you find your eyes a lil dry just use refresh drops!! i have left mine in over nigh tbefore just dont do it over just shove the lil case in your pocket and take them out and slip them back in the the morning....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

AmyG wrote: »
    i wear monthhlies and they feel oko on my eyes if you find your eyes a lil dry just use refresh drops!! i have left mine in over nigh tbefore just dont do it over just shove the lil case in your pocket and take them out and slip them back in the the morning....:D

Finally, I get aproper answer! Thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement