Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawsoc

Options
  • 05-09-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, just wondering if I can join LawSoc even though I don't do law. I was at the Ryan Tubridy debate and never laughed harder in my life. Also, the poster for the glamour models debate next week with Peter Stringfellow looks brilliant. Plus, Jeremy Irons is one of my all time heroes (The Mission!! Need I say anymore?).
    Can non-law students go to all these events? Is anyone is the same state as me???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Yeah you can join.

All societies are whores, they take all comers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Davywalshy

Yeah you can join.

All societies are whores, they take all comers.

Sounds great. Cannot wait till next week. UCD is where its at! Their magazine is pretty cool as well - I cant believe Dr. Cox is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Davywalshy wrote: »
    Sounds great. Cannot wait till next week. UCD is where its at! Their magazine is pretty cool as well - I cant believe Dr. Cox is coming.

UCD has some brilliant societies. History Soc are getting Garrett Fitzgerald in, Arts Soc are getting Leonardo DiCaprio and the L&H are bringing in Borat. It is going to be a great year for all of UCD's societies. Look at the pimp my society sticky for info on all the societies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sabs

Garrett Fitzgerald - now there's one cool old guy! I met him at a journalism conference thingy once, and he started telling me all about his great-grandmother having the same name as me, along with random other cool things that gems like him produce!

Of course, that information is of no use to anyone asking about societies... whoops...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brilliant! Made my day...does it say when its on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Arts Soc are getting Leonardo DiCaprio

Oh to be 12 again
    and the L&H are bringing in Borat

If they do, I am there. Maybe I'll come drapped in my Kazakh flag... I could get him to sign it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Sounds great. Cannot wait till next week. UCD is where its at! Their magazine is pretty cool as well -I cant believe Dr. Cox is coming.

he was here a year or two ago, the place was so unbelievably jammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Promises... Promises... They're nothing but promises...
    Every year the big dogs say they'll bring in so and so, and to be fair they manage to pull off a lot of big names, however, you should not believe it, until you see it.
    I hope they all bring in, who they say they will, but I won't be counting chickens before they hatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Promises... Promises... They're nothing but promises...
    Every year the big dogs say they'll bring in so and so, and to be fair they manage to pull off a lot of big names, however, you should not believe it, until you see it.
    I hope they all bring in, who they say they will, but I won't be counting chickens before they hatch.

+1
    Im still waiting for one of the societies(cant remember the name) to bring chris jericho over.Maybe they meant next february:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Didn't L&H promise Sally from Home and Away too?

Seth Green never came last year either I don't think.

But they do get a lot of great people in, no question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

What ever happened to Patrick Stewart? Or was that a dream I had.

Advertisement