Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Shizit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

sei046 wrote: »
    Jt,
    But whats a good time? its all subjective surely?
    Good and great are ways to describe how someone feels about something, Not what it is.

I definitely agree with the point you made about being able to see productions for the sake of money for what they are.

My definition of good music is well thought out and constructed with something in it to keep my interest and set it apart from the mass amount of pop that I can hear anywhere.

I consider that good.
    Someone else might DESPISE Tool or Dream Theater or classical music because its given thought.

All im saying is if music has no appeal to anyone it wont get bought. If it gets bought it makes sense that SOMEONE likes it and must be good in someones eyes. Music moves in trends, our tastes move on even. Its all subjective

we're splitting hairs here so we probably shouldn't worry about it. all i'm pointing out is that is NOT all subjective and down to taste, trends, whatever.
    while there is certainly a lot of subjectivity about all art, there is art that lasts and has real depth, and there is art that is entirely made for commercial purposes or purely as a vehicle for somebody's career.

I mean, I can see art that is thoughtful and has real intelligence behind it, as opposed to say, the cheeky girls.
    Now that is not just down to taste. If you get me.
    ah doesn't matter, we're splittin hairs here anyway.

Advertisement