Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how the f*ck is glenda gilson a model??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL. Mairty (and others), if this girl http://www.colmhenry.ie/files/0000/0305/Glenda_Gilson_21.jpg propositioned you in a nightclub (and you were single) and you didn't know she was Glenda Gilson, you'd hop into a cab with her so fast...

Methinks there's a considerable degree of typing up as many variations of "she's very ugly" as possible here just cuz that's "the thing to say"... ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't.

I've met her a number of times, and really she's not in the least bit sexy at all.

Now Katy French, as much as junkies turn my stomach, she was sexy in the 'girl next door' kinda way. Such a god damned waste of a life.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Methinks there's a considerable degree of typing up as many variations of "she's very ugly" as possible here just cuz that's "the thing to say"... ;)

Just to go along with that for a moment - If I'd a barrel of mickey's I wouldn't give 'er one.

I wouldn't ride her into battle - The tide wouldn't take 'er out.

She wouldn't get a kick in a stampede etc :)

Kold wrote: »
    (won't go into what I do find attractive lol... but I've said it before many times).

Plump love methinks then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Mairt wrote: »
    Plump love methinks then ;)

Opposite..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

In fairness to Glenda she is waay better looking than your average girl on the street. Her successful career speaks volumes whether we think much of her or not.

Alessandra wrote: »
    In fairness to Glenda she is waay better looking than your average girl on the street. Her successful career speaks volumes whether we think much of her or not.

That's the debate here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

I used to think she wasn't great until i saw her out one night in dublin... Trust me everyone, she's a great looking woman "in the flesh", she's not as tall as you'd expect and she's got a great smile. Photos don't do her justice...

Well she clearly has something going for her? Clearly a certain proportion of the population buy the magazines/papers she appears in? They must think she is hot/stylish/interesting. Maybe boardsies don't represent this demographic?

Well she clearly has something going for her? Clearly a certain proportion of the population buy the magazines/papers she appears in? They must think she is hot/stylish/interesting. Maybe boardsies don't represent this demographic?

I've never seen her in anything aimed at men.

Kold wrote: »
    I've never seen her in anything aimed at men.

I didn't state that she was exclusively aiming herself at the male market:confused:

She has fame going for her I suppose. Will happen if magazines keep getting the same odd looking woman in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Is she better looking than the girl who works in my local offy?

No.

Is she better looking than Kate Moss, Lily Cole or any model with short hair?

Yes.

Does she look more real than the more ubiquitous Rosanna Davison?

Yes.

Irish begrudging at its worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

i only ever see her in the tabloids promoting stuff in a bikini or something.

the tabloids will throw in any promotional picture of glenda gilson or her colleagues. then they put some stupid line like "heres glenda having a rearly (sic) good time" or "breast of times for glenda" or something stupidly retarded like that.

i dont think anyone buys these papers just because shes in them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Models are all there to market cosmetics,clothes,lifestyles etc to women so they are picked on their attractiveness to average woman. Men don't buy the sh1te they advertise/promote so they ain't as attractive to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Last time I checked, the Northside People was free of charge.

I'm not from Dublin, I wouldn't know. Somebody pays her though? They must see a return?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

She is a fine thing lads. What's wrong with ye?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Models are all there to market cosmetics,clothes,lifestyles etc to women so they are picked on their attractiveness to average woman. Men don't buy the sh1te they advertise/promote so they ain't as attractive to us.

So....men aren't interested in electric cars, greener energy exhibitions,Xboxes, staff rewarding exhibitions or various fund-raising events??

Who would have thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Batman

I'd shag her but she is not model hot!! Shagable!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Ah whenever I see threads like this, I always imagine the poster being so highly critical of the ladies, as looking like this:

http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/nerd-46422.jpg

taconnol wrote: »
    Ah whenever I see threads like this, I always imagine the poster being so highly critical of the ladies, as looking like this:

http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/nerd-46422.jpg

Only the lads who don't posts in the nerds photos thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mate's a cop in Dublin and says she's way better looking in the flesh.
    No pouting and raised eyebrows.

Used to find them offputting but she's a great body and when she's genuinely smiling she looks good.
    Anyway fair play to her for getting where she is and for putting Snoopy in his place..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I hate that bloke that works with her promoting rehab bingo, mainly because I've met him in the flesh and he was a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I think she has mainly pretty features, but she just has such a contrived expression on her face that she looks awful. Some women not half as good looking as her look much more attractive because they have a nice facial expression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

dsmythy wrote: »
    If she googles herself and this thread rises up google enough she'll have to read all this. What's your message to her?
    Men who lie with dogs* shall rise with fleas

*not a pun

Mate's a cop in Dublin and says she's way better looking in the flesh.
    No pouting and raised eyebrows.

Kinda like one pig watching another pigs back, so what else would you expect from a pig ..... but a grunt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Mairt wrote: »
    Kinda like one pig watching another pigs back, so what else would you expect from a pig ..... but a grunt :pac:

You really hate Glenda.. I bet she spurned your doorman advances outside a nightclub one night! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I don't think she's great looking but on the small scale, doesn't matter to models.

I was a model for a phone company in Belgium and I'm an ugly bollix. I just had the "look" they were going for-tall,pale, skinny and was asked to be in it. Nothing to do with me being attractive at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

i love all the responses on here from fellas sayin they wouldnt touch her!!

fair enough she's not the finest thing out there, and we all know better loking girls, but i'd say if she touched most of ya's, ye would probably have an accident in the pants department!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement