Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rest in peace Big Brother?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

On the whole I think this year was rubbish. For me it was a dull as BB4.
    I reckon this will be the last one, what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

No i think it was a good year with alot of going ons, i think a 10th one has been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

No, not that now it has a large fan base. It's a pile of siht though and i hope they do end it. The novelty wore off after the 1st series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

If there's a series next year, I can see them planning on it being the last.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It was a great Big Brother but the last couple of weeks weren't great. And Rachel has to be the dullest winner since Cam**on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

jaffa20 wrote: »
    No, not that now it has a large fan base. It's a pile of siht though and i hope they do end it. The novelty wore off after the 1st series.

Wha?! No way! Some series' have been deadly! Absolutely compulsive viewing. Especially the one where Anthony won. Remember Craig the weirdo and Makosi and all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

BB will go on for another few years, why stop when they are making so much money from it and the ratings are still one of the best on C4. I agree though that Rachel winning BB tonight proved that it's going downhill. All the happpy, boring housemates get far and the entertaining ones get booted out at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Are you lot crazy, its a money making machine, why the hell would they stop making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have my doubts about whether it will be back but if it isn't then it ended on a high.

I feel if a HM who had been warned about bullying behaviour had won that it would have potentially signified the end of Big Brother.

Good people deserve good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Happy to see Rachel win it based on her being a good person and all. But as an entertainment factor I would give her a 1 out of 10. I think it was more that she was the least hated than the most loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

glenjamin wrote: »
    Happy to see Rachel win it based on her being a good person and all. But as an entertainment factor I would give her a 1 out of 10. I think it was more that she was the least hated than the most loved.
    WHICH MAKES HER A WORTHY WINNER.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Why are you happy Rachel won it if you say that she wasn't entertaining? Why do you watch the show?

Why are you happy Rachel won it if you say that she wasn't entertaining? Why do you watch the show?

Because its nice to see nice people being rewarded. I'm not happy that Rachel won and will forever be known as the winner of BB9 but I'm happy that she won the £100k. Or am I happy that the likes of Rex didn't win the £100k but was a worthier winner than Rachel?? Ahh, I'm all too confused! Basically I watch the show to see entertaining people like Rex, Darnell, Mario and Greedy Mo and believe that they'd be a worthier winner than Rachel but I wouldn't like to see someone like Rex walk away with a £100k but I believe that he would make as a better winner than Rachel.

For me Rex was the most entertaining housemate and therefore a worthy winner BUT in terms of who gets the £100k I would like to see someone like Rachel or Mikey win it. Unfortunty thats not at all possible but do you get what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea I hear what yer saying but I just don't understand what difference it makes to ye who gets the money. It's not like you're going to see rachel spending it or anything like that. You'll forget about it no matter who wins, ye know?

If anything, it's not a great message that if you aim not to offend or annoy anyone ever, you are in with a great chance of winning big brother. It's self-sabotage on the part of the viewers as they consistently seek reasons to start a witch-hunt and chant "GET JIM OUT!".

I'm just fascinated by the big brother audience, I suppose.

Exactly.

If anything, it's not a great message that if you aim not to offend or annoy anyone ever, you are in with a great chance of winning big brother. It's self-sabotage on the part of the viewers as they consistently seek reasons to start a witch-hunt and chant "GET JIM OUT!".

She still got booed anyway by some parts of the crowd. Just no pleasing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It was one of the better ones in recent times up there with BB7 at the very least. delighted rachel won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

mdwexford wrote: »
    Are you lot crazy, its a money making machine, why the hell would they stop making it.

Plus, it's great to know that there'll be a general lack of dimwits and tv addicts around pubs and sports grounds for a few weeks - good news for those who venture out to experience that thing called life which others prefer to watch on tv.. (if you call it that:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

who007 wrote: »
    Plus, it's great to know that there'll be a general lack of dimwits and tv addicts around pubs and sports grounds for a few weeks - good news for those who venture out to experience that thing called life which others prefer to watch on tv.. (if you call it that:eek:)

Wow, you sound like you have some pent up anger issues :pac:

Cant understand why people are delighted Rachel won just because "shes nice". So next year just put in 15 dull boring people who wont argue or talk about each other, they'll all just get on and it will be super.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Cant understand why people are delighted Rachel won just because "shes nice". So next year just put in 15 dull boring people who wont argue or talk about each other, they'll all just get on and it will be super.

You realise it's a glorified popularity contest, right? Why would people NOT want a nice person to win? You put in a wide range of people and the idea is that the person who the public latch on to the most wins it in the end. That is what happened this year. After nine series people still do not get it? This is why the likes of Nasty Nick, Charley, Alex etc. do not win it and nor should they.

And this spiel about her being 'dull and boring' is what is really dull and boring. I heard this for weeks and yet I liked her, many people on forums seemed to like her since she topped most of the polls, and she ultimately got the most votes from the public at large so they liked her too.

Seriously people the sour grapes are getting ridiculously sour at this stage.

To me Rachel is up there with the most deserving winners ever. Her victory was not about giving her 'acceptance' like some other winners, it was because she was the one the public felt an affinity towards.

Cue the responses along the lines of, 'No she was well borin'. Wot de fuk do ppl lik bout her! rofl'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rachel played the gameshow way better then anyone else has played it before, she fooled the public. She stayed out of conflict because she knew what big brother was about, and the big argumentative charaters never last long.
    a fence sitter indeed, a personality of a young school girl who would and i quote 'miss spiders' from the house.
    there is 100% no way this girl is really and truly 100% like the way she was in the house, on the outside. theres no cameras around her now, shes free to curse and have an opinion. it must be some relief for her.
    did anyone else not notice her split personality of when she was in the house then in the diary room. serious contrast, as she was slightly told by rex when he saw her audtion tape.

rest in peace big brother, if the public continue to evict the exciting entertainiing characters, and prefer to watch the likes of her, then yes the show will be dead in a year or two.

the whole idea of this reality tv show is to watch people off all different ethnic/religion etc etc backgrounds come together and see how they interact together for the viewing publics entertainment.
    Rachel did not show her true coluors in that house. no way. she said it herself she didnt give to much opinions to avoid conflict. grow some balls girl.
    worst series ever of big bro, worst winner ever. dont get me wrong she seems like a nice girl. for me thats not good enough, as i can also see a real fake side to her. but hey, shes smart enough to trick you into it, then shes smart enough to trick far more.

Ah newballsplease, I shall miss your bitterness!

Fantastic that you continued watching though and that Rachel had enough appeal to keep you interested. I suspected she would. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ah newballsplease, I shall miss your bitterness!

Fantastic that you continued watching though and that Rachel had enough appeal to keep you interested. I suspected she would. ;)

gods honest truth.... i barely watched. didnt even watch the end show. jst saw her interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Rachel played the gameshow way better then anyone else has played it before, she fooled the public. She stayed out of conflict because she knew what big brother was about, and the big argumentative charaters never last long.
    a fence sitter indeed, a personality of a young school girl who would and i quote 'miss spiders' from the house.
    there is 100% no way this girl is really and truly 100% like the way she was in the house, on the outside. theres no cameras around her now, shes free to curse and have an opinion. it must be some relief for her.
    did anyone else not notice her split personality of when she was in the house then in the diary room. serious contrast, as she was slightly told by rex when he saw her audtion tape.

rest in peace big brother, if the public continue to evict the exciting entertainiing characters, and prefer to watch the likes of her, then yes the show will be dead in a year or two.

the whole idea of this reality tv show is to watch people off all different ethnic/religion etc etc backgrounds come together and see how they interact together for the viewing publics entertainment.
    Rachel did not show her true coluors in that house. no way. she said it herself she didnt give to much opinions to avoid conflict. grow some balls girl.
    worst series ever of big bro, worst winner ever. dont get me wrong she seems like a nice girl. for me thats not good enough, as i can also see a real fake side to her. but hey, shes smart enough to trick you into it, then shes smart enough to trick far more.

Are you Luke:rolleyes:???

The whole idea of this reality tv show is to watch people off all different ethnic/religion etc etc backgrounds come together and see how they interact together for the viewing publics entertainment.
    I agree. Genuinely a nice enough girl but I'd've liked her a lot more if she wasn't just as sugary sweet. I've seen 'nice' folk before on bb but to me she just didn't ring true.

The whole idea of this reality tv show is to watch people off all different ethnic/religion etc etc backgrounds come together and see how they interact together for the viewing publics entertainment.
    I agree. I think she's probably a nice enough girl but I'd have liked her a lot more if she wasn't just as sugary sweet. I've seen 'nice' folk before on bb but to me she just didn't ring true.

Advertisement