Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewire cards

Options
  • 05-09-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, what's the story with firewire cards, I have one for a DV video cam but do you need a particular type for audio applications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

nope, i have a sweex one that does the job nicely, 3 inputs, 25 quid in the laptop shop.

a lot of firewire audio interfaces have a list of firewire cards and chipsets there not compatible with on there website (presonus do anyway).

may check that out in relation to the interface you'll be using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

You're generally ok if your card has a TI (texas instruments) chipset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Ditto on the TI chipsets.. Seem to be the best audio firewire chipset out there (in fact my Phonic Helix II only recommends using TI in the manual).. I purchased mine on Amazon for about £15 sterling as opposed to 50-60 Euro in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i only use SIIG firewire cards as they have the best rep

Advertisement