Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Life?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hey did many of ye join second life???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Whats this, please explain?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Thanks for reminding me when is it being held to lazy to walk up stairs to go and get the leaflet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Second Life is a plot by aliens from another galaxy to enslave us into their world. This galaxy has a portal on our planet called Linden Labs (www.lindenlab.com).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yoyo wrote: »
    Whats this, please explain?

Nick
    it's something like World of Warcraft except it tries to be less nerdy. actually think of it as something like Playstation's Home thingymabob.

having a real life is enough without the need for me to have a second one.

Cremo wrote: »
    it's something like World of Warcraft except it tries to be less nerdy. actually think of it as something like Playstation's Home thingymabob.

having a real life is enough without the need for me to have a second one.
    I installed it for the orientation and thats it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

I think only first years got the flyer about the virtual orientation in "Second Life". Next Thursday from 7-8.30 there's going to be a virtual orientation for DIT first year students in "Second Life". There's a virtual DIT campus in Second Life, which was built by a lecturer in the School of Design. The campus can be found at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Arcata/130/145/54 , but you have to register with second life before you visit.

It's (probably) the first time in the world that a college has had a virtual orientation in "Second Life".

I don't think a lot will happen there, but it's another chance to chat to people before you start (it's like going for beers, without the beers . . . and the human contact). On the plus side, if you're a bloke, you can dress up as a woman! Woo-hoo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

DIT Gamesoc's , offical prosition on 2nd life is this , 2nd life = lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

DIT Gamesoc's , offical prosition on 2nd life is this , 2nd life = lame.

+1 Good idea DIT but 2nd life is aweful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Doesn't sound like I'd be interested in it anyways :D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭claret

I can't seem to register, tried twice, with 2 different email addresses and got this:
    Linden Lab limits the number of accounts any household or individual may create.
    You appear to have exceeded this limit.

I'll try again later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

closed for being pointless and non dit related

carry on

claret wrote: »
    I can't seem to register, tried twice, with 2 different email addresses and got this:

I'll try again later

I had no problem setting mine up the only thing that annoyed me was the pointlessness of the second names...Shinn SERIOUSLY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭claret

I even set up a new email address just to see if that would work but it didn't. Maybe it's just to do with the site at this time, some technical difficulties or something. Anyway, I'll try again later on, hopefully it'll work then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Im guessing that it wont let you open an account from that cmomputer becuase it remembers your IP or there are some cookies or simething telling it you already have one, or some one in your household has one.

Advertisement