Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electronic or acustic drums?????????????

Options
  • 06-09-2008 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

ive been a drummer for 15 years and the only way i can get a new sound is by changing or introducing new drums and percussion.is an electronic kit worthwhile for the huge range of pieces it harbors.or is the drumming experience hindered by the nature of digital instruments.what do you think is it worth spending 2000 on an electronic kit or 2000 on an acoustic kit and be done with it.it a tough choice as both have their upsides and downfalls.......please enlighten me what are your experiences???????????:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 zildjian1

if u have a nice acoustic kit already, i think it would be a great learning experience for you to splash out on a nice second hand roland v-drum kit. Learn about sequencing/playing with a click...editing midi tracks....audio post/pre production etc.

i took the plunge a few years ago....got me a set of roland td-20's, sitting alongside my masters kit... I havent gigged the vdrums yet, but ive been having great success with them in the studio (my bedroom :))

grant it, some people are traditionalists about drums (especially guitarists)...but..i say...embrace change...get a new challenge for yourself...some of the digital gear you can get...especially drum gear is just amazing..PLUS you'll have great fun getting great results :)

Advertisement