Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Belgian beer glasses in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-09-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm starting to get into Belgian beers. I was wondering does anyone know where in Dublin I can get the quaint little glasses from which they are traditionally drunk?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

realbeers.ie has a range of different beer glasses including some Belgian ones.

Sorry just realized you have to buy 6 at a time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Redmonds of Ranelagh have a few Belgian gift packs with glasses included. I picked up most of my Belgian glassware in Belgium. I'm sure you'll be heading that way sooner or later anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

BeerNut wrote: »
    Redmonds of Ranelagh have a few Belgian gift packs with glasses included. I picked up most of my Belgian glassware in Belgium. I'm sure you'll be heading that way sooner or later anyway :)

Yep, there sure is a lot of culture to see there :D. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Probably not the cheapest way but ebay have a good few!!
    Postage costs tend to drive up the price a little though unfortunately!!:(

I finally have my own proper glass for belgian beer :). I got it in Redmond's yesterday: 2 Duvel's and a Duvel glass= 10.99. So about a fiver for the glass, which is not too bad. They are probably a Euro in Belgium though. Ah well, I'm happy now.

• Advertisement

I finally have my own proper glass for belgian beer :). I got it in Redmond's yesterday: 2 Duvel's and a Duvel glass= 10.99. So about a fiver for the glass, which is not too bad. They are probably a Euro in Belgium though. Ah well, I'm happy now.

Did they have many different sets on offer or was it just the Duvel?

slayerking wrote: »
    Did they have many different sets on offer or was it just the Duvel?

All they had was the Duvel set. I'll be back next week though just in case there are other sets. I'd like a Leffe glass next.

I bought my Duvel glass in Bruges and I think I paid about 4 or 5 euro for it.

You could always ask a bar selling draught Leffe if you can have one. A-B InBev have very deep pockets. They were giving away free ones at the Great Irish Beer Festival last year.

Just got the Westmalle glass there today and its a really lovely glass.:pac:
    Its actually nicer than I expected.

The Chimay one is next on the list!! :)

The Rochefort one is something special, if you ever see it around

• Advertisement

oblivious wrote: »
    The Rochefort one is something special, if you ever see it around

Yea, I doubt I'll see that one around!!!
    I'll have to keep an eye out for it on ebay, or else go to Belgium and get one!!
    Where did you get yours?

Belgium ;)

But i don't see why Redmonds would not get in the gift pack especially since Christmas is coming?

I still prefer the Westmalle one to Rochefort, for that cut-glass bling. I have a Westvleteren as well but don't enjoy it nearly as much.

I got my Duvel the same time as my Hoegaarden bucket, having previously acquired a Cantillon glass on an earlier trip. My must-have last time was a Delerium Tremens, and I now feel the inevitable need for a Kwak glass. I think I'll have trouble getting anything sillier after that.

Just for sheer coolness, I wana get the Aventinus Glass!!!:pac:

The Westmalle and Duvel glasses will keep me happy enough for a while!:D

slayerking wrote: »
    Just for sheer coolness, I wana get the Aventinus Glass!!!:pac:

They are very nice alright

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think we all know the Kwak glass is second to none

FYI for anyone looking for the Kwak glass!

Theres a little offie in Mullingar called the old stand and it has the glass with 4 bottles of beer for 25 euro.
    They also have a few other beer and glass sets (Duvel/Karmeliet and something else I cant remember!!!).

Just picked one up today! What a glass!!:pac:

Advertisement