Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Lecture

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

My first one is Introductory Chemistry at 12, I see there are a few others on here doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The Politics of Terrorism at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Material Science and Engineering II at 10.
    This is actually late for my timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mermy

Teanga na gaeilge at 11am

4 11am starts and 10 on a friday...could be a lot worse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

CHEM30110 Instrumental analysis...I hope it's something cool like getting to learn how to use particle accelerators, but I suspect it's going to be something more along the lines of spectroscopy.

11am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

history: rome to renaissance, 3pm

I'll probably still have to get up at 9 to find my way though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

CHEM30110 Instrumental analysis...I hope it's something cool like getting to learn how to use particle accelerators, but I suspect it's going to be something more along the lines of spectroscopy.

11am.
    lhc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I feel nerdier for laughing at that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Drama Studies elective at the crack of noon. Weep for me, life is so hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Xhristy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Good to see you haven't forgot about the meet. :)

I should be there about 11 too. see you there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Good to see you haven't forgot about the meet. :)

I should be there about 11 too. see you there. ;)

a big wooot for the meet :D

fish-head wrote: »
    Drama Studies elective at the crack of noon. Weep for me, life is so hard!

see you in drama fish head.providing your a 1st year.i'll be the the guy in the green hoodie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

SOC40220 Sociological Research - Tuesday 11.00am - 1.00pm.

I have only three 2 hour lectures a week, so I'm happy enough.

well my first lecture was absolutely shite. i have now dropped my philosophy cause it was so bad and im doing information studies instead lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

^Damn, I just switched today from Linguistics to Philosophy. I missed the first lecture today (Intro to Modern Philosophy), but I caught the second (Existentialism) and thought it was alright. What did you think was so bad about it?

It's not that my first lecture sucked, it's that I was badly undercaffeinated for it. At least I didn't fall asleep.

Aard wrote: »
    ^Damn, I just switched today from Linguistics to Philosophy. I missed the first lecture today (Intro to Modern Philosophy), but I caught the second (Existentialism) and thought it was alright. What did you think was so bad about it?

it just made absolutely no sense to me :D

i never really understood philosophy in the first place.just thought it might be good craic to do.i now know that college lectures are not there "just for the craic"

Philosophy is something which requires mind-altering substances to truly understand. Never really interested me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Lecturer didnt turn up for my first lecture today- so it couldnt have gone any better!

And my second lecture was actually interesting! An all too rare occurrence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I did philosophy in First Year and dropped it like a hot potato. Some of the stuff was interesting but I think it's one of those subjects that you get more interest out of if you read up on it yourself in your own time. I didn't like the fact that you had to basically listen to everyone's theories and there wasn't a right or wrong to any of them anyway.

I remember one of the lecturers remarking that philosophy is perhaps the one subject where even if you come out of it with a degree, you still won't have any more concrete answers on things than you had when you first started.

I had my first lecture today in politics which was the course about genocide. We were shown a 19 minute film mainly about Rwanda. Was pretty harrowing stuff. It looks like an interesting course and I reckon I'll stick with it.

*currently researching what subjects to take instead of Philosophy*

Aard wrote: »
    *currently researching what subjects to take instead of Philosophy*

join me in information studies......

*pats chair beside me* room for one more...... :D

Can't due to timetabling, alas!

I think I'll leave the Philosophy as it is. I thought I was done with all the module stuff two weeks ago! If I ever find the person who invented Horizons...!

Advertisement