Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wireless Contection Problem

Options
  • 06-09-2008 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,

Basically got eircom broadband yesterday and it dosent seem to be working. I am connecting directly to the router intially.

I can ping websites and get a good response.however i cant go to websites or use instant messengers etc I have tested the connection on my friends computer and it works perfectly.

i have the firewall turned off in my computer.so i cant think thats preventing connecting to websites etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

Redders825 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Basically got eircom broadband yesterday and it dosent seem to be working. I am connecting directly to the router intially.

I can ping websites and get a good response.however i cant go to websites or use instant messengers etc I have tested the connection on my friends computer and it works perfectly.

i have the firewall turned off in my computer.so i cant think thats preventing connecting to websites etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Well it is obviously down to the pc then. what web browser are you using?...sometimes i get problems with internet explorer and eircom. google mozilla firefox and download version 3 you will have to do this on your friends pc and transfer it with a cd or a memo stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i dont believe changing the browser will help.
    None of the instant messengers are working either.
    But yet he can ping websites etc

I really dont know?

Advertisement