Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Query

Options
  • 06-09-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭

Alrighty

I think some of the last few infractions i got which led to my permanent banning on the instruments forum were awfully harsh, i got signature rule violation infractions without any notifications to change them before hand like it says in the SIGPO - Notify thread.... --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...signature+rule ...no notifications + and i never seen my user link posted there

and i also have few breach of forum character infractions because of off topic posts in threads, which i dont think was that bad or off topic, theres by far worse stuff going on thats gota be more off topic, i even got warned for posting off topic in an off topic thread

But the thing that gets me is theres an awfull lot more users posting off topic in threads and users signatures violating the rules, it seems rather harsh that i have gotten all these infractions where as other people seem to be doing aok and the rules are not being enforced as much on them... Cause if im going to get infractions for things other people wont, i don't think tis very fair at all

buy yup, thats all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'll give access to feylya to reply if he can, he seems to have banned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yup, and all the infractions from too!

but yeah cool, we'll see what happens

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Don't have time to go into this in detail but it boils down to repeated breach of charter after warnings on thread, multiple reported posts against you, a temp ban after another breach with the warning that if you breached the Charter again, you would be banned.

A perfect example of your off topic post:
    Jesus,

The pentagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Honestly, I do not believe that -=al=- should be banned permanently for what is at best an absolute minor breach of the charter. It's very heavy handed.

Looking back through the infractions that -=al=- has recieved, I don't find much issue with any of the posts he got infracted for. For example, the post where he's recieved a permanent ban for is on this thread, which is a fairly light, non-serious thread to begin with. His post was no more off-topic than this or this. I could understand a ban if it were in the context of someone derailing a serious thread, but that just isn't the case here. Whether he was warned before, it still strikes me as harsh in the extreme to be permanently banned for the above.

On the whole, I don't believe -=al=- is a disruptive poster, and the ban is completely uncalled for. I would be in full support of overturning this ban.

That Jesus thing in the quote above ^^ is a quote/joke from the simpsons and it was a reply to the previous post which said - "so where should i post these imaginary checks too?" ...or something along those lines... I dont think ill be getting a check in the post either way

heres the site explaing the joke in the episode - http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/the-city-of-new-york-vs.-homer-simpson/episode/1464/trivia.html

and if u sroll down u can see the quote from the episode -

"Lisa: Here's a better idea. You give me your address and I'll write to you.
    Bums: OK. Send it to Jesus, uh, care of the Pentagon"

that's where i got it from... it was just a light hearted thread with some light hearted banter going on it was nothing intentionaly offensive in any way at all ya know, im sure theres tons of more off topic posts from people which are also violating the sig rules,

i even got warned for posting off topic in an off topic thread

• Advertisement

So whats the delio now? do i have to explain anywhere else or anything

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

After going over -=al=-'s previous posts and warnings, I don't see any reason to lift this ban. He has been banned twice before from the Instruments forum. When he was unbanned the last time, he was specifically told that he was on his last chance and that the next ban would be permanent. He is the single most reported poster on the Instruments forum and has had many many warnings both on thread and through infractions. As far as I'm concerned, I have been extremely patient with -=al=-.

ive been banned twice before but never bothered to complain, which after seeing this help desk now i should have... i never got warnings on the sig rule infractions like i was suposed to

i still see a lot of people with their signatures breaking the rules, same with the posts that were breaching the rules and off topic, the infractions seem to happen a lot more often to me than other peolpe who go off topic, just like the signautre rule infractions

All my infractions are from you (which are the only infractions i have) over nearly almost all the same things very recently. There is 2 other mods in the same forum i got banned from and i never ever recieved anything at all from them at all... why is that??? even in other parts of boards... no other problems at all.

It seems like you chose to be more harsh on me than other people, judging by the other posts in the forum i was banned and seeing the signatures people have, It seems rather heavy handed and unfair that these rules are being applied to me much much more so than anyone else, its quite ridiculous really... ive prob helped a lot of people out the last few years ive been here

I still wana appeal this ban, is there any other moderators or anyone that can come on in and have a look at this n try in figure something out =/

So does anyone else have any input on this situation?

• Advertisement

I've been speaking with Feylya over PM about this, although a conclusion hasn't been reached yet. Hopefully I'll have an outcome shortly.

Thx for the reply Karl, let me know if anything happens

Right, I've unbanned you now -=al=- but I'd appreciate it if you were more careful about posting off topic. If you find yourself banned again, please post here or PM me.

Thanks Karl... will do

Advertisement