Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pine martin

Options
  • 06-09-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

seen another pine martin today while stalking in wickla i seen one last year on the same ground and i have heard of them in other parts of wickla had a good look at it on 16 power lovely looking killer .mink like .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Have only ever seen 2 despit spending hours on end in woodland. One when I was about 4 in Galway and one crossed the road in front of me a few months back in laois. Amazing animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

A guy in the gunclub that im in saw one in a wood in west wicklow
    over the weekend, it was chasing a red squirrel around a tree for approximately 15-20 minutes. i have only ever seen one pine marten
    in wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

A lady I know who lives alone in a pretty big house came home from work one evening to find Mr. Pinemartin sitting on her couch watching TV (she leaves the tv on during the day when she's at work). She said it looked at her as if she was the intruder and did not budge. As she had never seen one of these before and felt pretty threatened by it she left the house and stayed at her mothers house. On returning the next day Mr. Pinemartin had ripped her living room curtains, torn her wallpaper, knocked her valuable antiques off the mantle piece which are now smashed. He made his way to her bedroom and destroyed a lot of her clothes in the wardrobe, urinated on her shoes and on her bed. When she tried to find him he was nowhere to be seen. He hasn't been seen since. She was distraught after the whole ordeal and could not relax for a long time in her home in fear he was lurking somewhere.

TBH, I don't think I'd like to meet one, let alone in my home.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    A lady I know who lives alone in a pretty big house came home from work one evening to find Mr. Pinemartin sitting on her couch watching TV (she leaves the tv on during the day when she's at work). She said it looked at her as if she was the intruder and did not budge. As she had never seen one of these before and felt pretty threatened by it she left the house and stayed at her mothers house. On returning the next day Mr. Pinemartin had ripped her living room curtains, torn her wallpaper, knocked her valuable antiques off the mantle piece which are now smashed. He made his way to her bedroom and destroyed a lot of her clothes in the wardrobe, urinated on her shoes and on her bed. When she tried to find him he was nowhere to be seen. He hasn't been seen since. She was distraught after the whole ordeal and could not relax for a long time in her home in fear he was lurking somewhere.

TBH, I don't think I'd like to meet one, let alone in my home.
    While its not a nice thing to happen,
    its a very funny story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Mellor wrote: »
    While its not a nice thing to happen,
    its a very funny story

I was thinking the same .I wonder did he get her knickers in a twist:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement