Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC - Any interest in a D15 supporters club?

Options
  • 06-09-2008 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in the area follow Sporting Fingal? Big game coming up on thursday at home against St Pats in the quarter final of the fai cup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

cymro wrote: »
    Anyone else in the area follow Sporting Fingal? Big game coming up on thursday at home against St Pats in the quarter final of the fai cup.

Nah i support a real football team,shelbourne Fc not some franchise paid for by Fingal CC.
    Your from Dublin 15 i assume?So why wait till these where set up and not support say Bohz(seen as there right beside blanch)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jeffk wrote: »
    Nah i support a real football team,shelbourne Fc not some franchise paid for by Fingal CC.
    Your from Dublin 15 i assume?So why wait till these where set up and not support say Bohz(seen as there right beside blanch)

*Shakes hand*:D

Blanchardstown Reds banner yours?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well seeing as Sporting Fingal play in Santry, I'm moving this to Dublin City

Moved from Dublin 15

*Shakes hand*:D

Blanchardstown Reds banner yours?

Shelbourne Fc Blanchardstown is my flag Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jeffk wrote: »
    Shelbourne Fc Blanchardstown is my flag Gavin

Ye that's the one I meant.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Why move it? The whole point of the thread was to see if there was other supporters in Dublin 15. It doesnt matter where they play their games, Dublin 15 is in Fingal. Can you please move this back to Dublin 15. Thanks.

I say delete it and let football teams get a shout, not some franchise tax write of for fingal cc.

Jeff, I would never follow bohs if you paid me. Shels? No. St Pats? No.
    I was one of the 5 who followed Dublin city fc because i couldnt get into following any of the other Dublin teams so since i live in Dublin i decided to support a team that carried the city's name, no matter how good or bad they were. Now they are gone and Sporting Came along, i support them for the same reason.
    People keep mentioning Fingal as a franchise and seem to have a problem with this. Have a look back at how your own clubs were started all them years ago, you will find it wasnt much diffrent.
    They way the league is going at the moment, Sporting Fingal might be around when Bohs and Shels have been folded. I truly hope this isnt the case.
    And Jeff, St Pats are closer to Blanch than Bohs.:D

Jeff, I would never follow bohs if you paid me. Shels? No. St Pats? No.
    I was one of the 5 who followed Dublin city fc because i couldnt get into following any of the other Dublin teams so since i live in Dublin i decided to support a team that carried the city's name, no matter how good or bad they were. Now they are gone and Sporting Came along, i support them for the same reason.
    People keep mentioning Fingal as a franchise and seem to have a problem with this. Have a look back at how your own clubs were started all them years ago, you will find it wasnt much diffrent.
    They way the league is going at the moment, Sporting Fingal might be around when Bohs and Shels have been folded. I truly hope this isnt the case.

But sure Dublin City aka Home Farm/Home Farm Everton and im sure more names before my time are another farce.
    So you cant get into a team with history built on football and winning trophies?

Shels started from a raffle heald on shelbourne road,a short summary but im sure other people will go into more detail.Dublin Corp didnt form us or any of the other big 4 and pay for them.

Yes because again Fingal CC are backing yous.Apart from Rovers dissapearing tax bill and UCD being a semi Goverment Organisation you lot are up there for making a profit.
    As it stands the LOI or eircom league as you blow ins no it as is a mess because theres to many Dublin teams.Sporting Franchise should never have been formed, another country team is badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Zaph wrote: »
    Well seeing as Sporting Fingal play in Santry, I'm moving this to Dublin City

Moved from Dublin 15
    There has been a Sporting Fingal FC thread going for some time in the North County Dublin Forum.

• Advertisement

I knew that when i started this thread but my reason was to find other supporters in D15 ( where i posted this topic ) in the view to maybe start a supporters club in the area. Moving this to the City section is unhelpful and maybe the mod who moved it has a thing against Sporting Fingal.

I knew that when i started this thread but my reason was to find other supporters in D15 ( where i posted this topic ) in the view to maybe start a supporters club in the area. Moving this to the City section is unhelpful and maybe the mod who moved it has a thing against Sporting Fingal.

:rolleyes:

You should have highlited the Maybe as well.:D

Knocked back to Dublin 15. Please feel free to send it over to Soccer if appropriate - not really a Dublin City thread either! :)

You should have highlited the Maybe as well.:D

My mistake, If your this pushed on Sporting Fingal go and see what you can do to help them 0ffically.
    Starting a forum topic isnt gonna do much and as you can see it just attracts slaggings.

Why move it? The whole point of the thread was to see if there was other supporters in Dublin 15. It doesnt matter where they play their games, Dublin 15 is in Fingal. Can you please move this back to Dublin 15. Thanks.

Balbriggan is in Fingal too, why not start the thread in the north County Dublin forum? Dublin 15 is only part of Fingal, not its entirity, and as the club don't play in D15 I moved the thread.

Now had you started your thread saying that you were trying to gauge support with a view to starting a supporters club in the area, well then I wouldn't have moved it. But as I'm not psychic I was unaware of your intention so I moved it to what I deemed to be the most appropriate forum for it, given the information I had at the time.

However, suggesting that I have "a thing against Sporting Fingal" is unhelpful, I would rather you didn't do that again. I have as much interest/disinterest in them as I do any EL club, and I would have moved any threads about other teams for exactly the reasons outlined above.

Now that we've clarified everything, I'm going to edit the title of this thread to make it clearer for everyone.

Zaph wrote: »
    had you started your thread saying that you were trying to gauge support with a view to starting a supporters club in the area, well then I wouldn't have moved it. But as I'm not psychic
    +1

Good Luck to getting one set up in D.15,its bohz backgarden.Mind you when shels play fingal you can hear the big club and the bohz been chanted.But thats not proper fans just scumbags attached to bohz looking for another dublin club to fight.

I know cork city fans used to support cobh ramblers when they where in different leagues.But you havent a hope in hell of something similiar happening with two dublin teams.
    As i said ring or go up to Fingals office and ask what you can do to help.

a thing against Sporting Fingal"

You missed out MAYBE in front of that zaph. There is a thread in the North county section but i live in D15 so hence my thread. It wasnt about Sporting Fingal in general just to gage any interest in D15.

I have never heard any bohs refrences made at our home games to be honest. In one of the first games agains shels ( i think the cup game ) a few schooligans showed up and tried to play green street after the match. I dont know which club they normally follow but they are not welcome in my opinion. The ones that sing ( well try to anyway ) at our games are the swords lads and they are ok.

I fixed that as i said above!

Ah here you must be deaf so, ask ANYONE @ the three shels games and they'll say the same.As for just the first game having "a few" that's another lie.In that corner its ALL bohz and local scumbags.Twice there had been trouble thanks to them and your security letting them out the same time as we pass the gate.
    I suppose you didnt see the latest game where there where special branch,land rovers, police cars and the road blocked of?

Head in the sand attitude is nothing new in LOI clubs.

• Advertisement

Head in sand is all ill say to you my friend,go onto a bohz form and youll see them bragging about sporting fingal games.
    Good luck supporting another franchise team,maybe when this folds there could be a Home Farm Sporting Fingal Dulin City name.

Soccer forum that way lads
    >

No, I think it's a valid thread now that I know what you intended it for. However, I won't be tolerating any more discussion that would be better suited in the soccer forum. Next person who mentions Sporting Fingal in any context other than expressing an interest in a supporters club, or who mentions any other football team at all, as they have no relevence to this thread, will find themselves looking down the wrong end of the banstick.

There will be no further warnings.

Advertisement