Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help with the E2200 please.

Options
  • 06-09-2008 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

So.. I downloaded CPU-Z a while ago and realised my CPU is only runing at 1.2 Ghz, aint each core ment to run at 2.2? I'm no expert on this stuff I tryed to put it up it 2.2 and ended up having to restart my bios freaking out I had blew the motherboard, so am I wrong and if not could anyone explain or link me somewere how I can put it up to 2.2?

desktopkm9.th.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

It's probably just power management by the cpu. When it's idle it drops the speed to save on power usage etc. Try stress testing it to see if it jumps to 2.2ghz.

You could also overclock your system. What parts have you got in your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

your cpu multiplier is set to 6 while normal for 2.2GHz is 11.

You shouln't worry, though. E2200 has got this neat feature and it switches between low-power and high-performance modes to save energy, while your computer is not doing nothing demanding.

So low-power multiplier is 6 and for high performance it's 11.

Try and run some demanding app (maybe try to compress few mp3 albums or something like that) and then run cpu-z ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Yea thanks that was the problem, ran WoW and it jumped up to 2.2, also is my proceser good to overclock and if so what would be the max it would go at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

That depends on your computer. Is it a custom build or is it a Dell or some other manufacturer's? What other parts have you got in your comp?
    I have my E6400 @ 3Ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Yea it's a selt build, Abit IP35V Motherboard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you can hit 3ghz on stock cooling with ease.

Advertisement