Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to complete F1 - F3 acca

• 06-09-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I am thinking about starting my ACCA qualification. I will be emigrating to australia in a year or so and I think the ACCA is the best one to start as it is more recognised over there and I can finish off the exams in Perth

I was just wondering if anyone can give me a realistic timeline of how long it would take to complete the first three exams F1- F3? I have a small bit of accounting experience, leaving cert, a little bit from college.

any insight greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Hello

If you are not going to be going until next year I would suggest that you register with ACCA (you will need to do this before a certain date before you are able to sit June exams - I think its some time in December).

You could buy the study materials and work towards doing all 3 in June 2009. I think you have more than enough time to work through all of the material to pass the exams in June.

Hope this helps.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 unas

hi,

Did you know you can sit f1-f3 as computer based examinations?The schools in Dublin (Griffith, DBS, BPP etc) have sessions every few weeks. So if you are sure you want to do ACCA I would register with ACCA now, then you can register to sit CBEs with one of the business schools as soon as you are ready.

I would think if you are numerate you could do all three by Christmas. I've just done F1-F3 and spent about five months in total preparing (evenings), but almost all of that was for F3, I am starting from the beginning so it took me ages to get my head around double entry. If you have LC accounting you should be fine for it tbh, at least if you have Honours level. There are demos of all three somewhere on the ACCA website.

I didn't go to any lectures, just got the books and some test CD-ROMS, in fact for F1 I just got a test CD-ROM and googled anything I didn't know.

HTH
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sue72

Great thanks for the replies.
    So you think I would be ok to just get the book?
    and I was thinking about getting the i-pass and revision cds from BPP,
    would that be enough to pass?
    Do you need to read the book cover to cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 unas

Hiya
    Do you mean just the revision notes and i-pass cd from bpp, not the book? It should be enough for f1. For the other two i did work my way through the books (one kaplan, one bpp, fwiw i preferred the bpp) pretty much step by step - in fact because i had no prior knowledge the kaplan book wasn't really enough on its own for f3, i used frank wood (business accounting I) quite a lot as well. but like i say, if i were you i would try the demos first, that'll give you an idea of where you are at. Good luck!

UnaS

Advertisement