Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnPost, How Stupid can you get?

Options
  • 06-09-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

I ordered a couple of Yoga mats of Ebay. Total cost including shipping was approx €15.
    Arrived home at lunchtime yesterday to find them in bits all over the back lawn and drive. Started to give out to the dog about attacking the package.
    Gathered up what I could from the mess and when into the house to find an Anpost delivery notice stuck through the front door and it says
    "Parcel in Dog Box" :mad:

My poor dog must have thought that Santa had arrived early, she is a 18mth old German Shepherd that chews everything in her path,
    including but not limited to Coal Buckets, Garden Seats, Clothes from the line and Pallets and my favorite Freshly planted flowers.
    It was not the Dogs fault that she was left a prezzie in her own home.

But within 5 steps of the dog box there is a toy box with all the kids bats, balls trucks etc with a secure lid, Kids can get at it but dog can't

Rant Over. Looks like the Yoga class will have to wait another week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

In Dublin postmen almost never even bother to bring larger parcels with them on their rounds as they know most people are at work, so they just stick a 'collect from the sorting office' note through your door, even if you're at home.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

bloody hell, get onto An Post about that one, thats not on at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Trying to find out if it was our regular postman but I suspect not as he is very good when it come to deliveries he usually waits until around 2pm if he has a parcel as he know's I will be doing the school run and he can stop me on the road and he knows the dog.

If it was him I cannot complain as he will hold back post and check on the house if he knows we are away on holidays.
    If it was a stand-in I will be on to anpost first thing, It's not the value of the items that where in the parcel, its annoying for such a stupid thing to happen.

The other parcel I receive that day at work that could easy have been sent to the home place was over €100 worth of company logo workgear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

that has actually left me with my mouth open!

my goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

eth0_ wrote: »
    In Dublin postmen almost never even bother to bring larger parcels with them on their rounds as they know most people are at work, so they just stick a 'collect from the sorting office' note through your door, even if you're at home.

I get this constantly,the excuse from the sorting office is the postman has too much work on.I wouldnt mind but were not talking large parcell's most of the time either,anything half the size of a shoebox and there sticking in the docket instead of delivering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

dont have that problem here thank god! we had a man that used to carry all the letters and parcels on a bike... he carried what he could!! he wasnt young either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

An Post really are a disgrace lately.

I've lost count of the number of registered letters that are just thrown through the door without anyone signing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

eireal wrote: »
    I get this constantly,the excuse from the sorting office is the postman has too much work on.I wouldnt mind but were not talking large parcell's most of the time either,anything half the size of a shoebox and there sticking in the docket instead of delivering

I can understand this...what do you expect the postman to do when he's on a bike or on foot? He can't carry every parcel.

It's a pity the sorting offices don't open later in the evenings though, it's a pain in the ass if you have to collect a parcel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's shocking what the postman did. Sometimes does my head in. Deliver it in the door or by hand or take it back to the sorting office. If I complain about having to go to the sorting office remind me I said this. That's how it should be. Mine sometimes leaves them with neighbors etc which just does my head in. I was in a dispute with an online company about not getting something for a couple days and my neighbor wanders down 3 evenings later with it in her hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Random wrote: »
    I was in a dispute with an online company about not getting something for a couple days and my neighbor wanders down 3 evenings later with it in her hand!

Heh. reminds me of when DHL driver forged my signature as proof of delivery after he'd left the parcel behind the bin of my neighbour 3 doors down.

If you know your postman (i.e. he's a regular postman that you meet) then these things are often done by arrangement, and I think that's a strength of the An Post service. However doing stuff like that without a prior "understanding" is, obviously, unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anything that can't be delivered through a mailbox is delivered straight to where i work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

An Post really are a disgrace lately.

I've lost count of the number of registered letters that are just thrown through the door without anyone signing

Had an issue with our postman before ...we got a university degree posted out in and envelope that had "DO NO BEND-PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS INSIDE"...postman bended it in half to push it through the letter box!! When i gave out to the local post office i was told that the postman did things like that so people wouldnt have to come down to sign for stuff...he also told me "i also sign for registered letters for people too"

Lets just say that I was left gobsmacked by that statement

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

daheff wrote: »
    Had an issue with our postman before ...we got a university degree posted out in and envelope that had "DO NO BEND-PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS INSIDE"...postman bended it in half to push it through the letter box!! t

Same thing happened to me, except it was a record (and they take quite an amount of force to break!). Several letters to An Post produced the line to the effect of "it was sent by standard post, tough luck"
    Anything that can't be delivered through a mailbox is delivered straight to where i work.

Me too, but it's not an option for everyone I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Found out today that it was not my reg Postman, I knew he would not do something like that.

Anyway complaint on its way to Anpost :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

eth0_ wrote: »
    I can understand this...what do you expect the postman to do when he's on a bike or on foot? He can't carry every parcel.

Maybe they'd have more room for parcels if they weren't delivering so much junk mail. 8 separate pieces of rubbish through the letter box this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

MOH wrote: »
    Maybe they'd have more room for parcels if they weren't delivering so much junk mail. 8 separate pieces of rubbish through the letter box this morning.
    Thats how they make their money though.

Advertisement