Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Licences Guide

• 06-09-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi to everyone,

In a past two years I moved 4 times and every time I had to find new off licence suitable for me, with wide selection of beer and wine. It was not easiest work for me. So I got a fixed idea: why not create web page where everyone could find the best and nearest off licence.

Its not easy work so I want to ask all of you to help me. If you have your favorite off licence or your friend have it, or you know some guys who’s runs an off licence business, please send me any information you got and I will put it on my website: www.yourofflicence.com

Thank you for your attention.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

gezas wrote: »
    Hi to everyone,

In a past two years I moved 4 times and every time I had to find new off licence suitable for me, with wide selection of beer and wine. It was not easiest work for me. So I got a fixed idea: why not create web page where everyone could find the best and nearest off licence.

Its not easy work so I want to ask all of you to help me. If you have your favorite off licence or your friend have it, or you know some guys who’s runs an off licence business, please send me any information you got and I will put it on my website: www.yourofflicence.com

Thank you for your attention.
    The site is very basic in its appearance, in a way its ok but if you want the site to grow into something big id say make it a bit more modern adding flashes and stuff like that..
    Is it a non profitable web site or how do you create to generate revenue since its free?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's been done, for beer anyway, on BeerMapping.com. Offies are the green pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jems

i think that website is a great idea. if you could get a decent list of what each offie stocks..their beers, wines and whatever else it would be even better.

people looking for a certain drink who would be prepared to travel could maybe put a drink name in a search engine on the homepage and all the stockists then be listed?

and if you got the off licenses on board some how..it could be profitable. i'm sure a lot of them will be open to new ideas/avenues with the early hours.

my most frequented one is Mollys on Francis St, D8. pretty decent spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 gezas

Hi everyone,

I did put some features:

* All offlicences you can find on the map separately, you don’t need to visit any map pages to find it. Everything on the same page.

* I putted a flash banner on the top.

* And some google advertisings.

Jems wrote: »
    i think that website is a great idea. if you could get a decent list of what each offie stocks..their beers, wines and whatever else it would be even better.

people looking for a certain drink who would be prepared to travel could maybe put a drink name in a search engine on the homepage and all the stockists then be listed?

and if you got the off licenses on board some how..it could be profitable. i'm sure a lot of them will be open to new ideas/avenues with the early hours.

my most frequented one is Mollys on Francis St, D8. pretty decent spot.

Thank you for compliments.;)

I have one problem about your favorite offlicence, I couldn’t find your Mollys on Francis St, D8!?

Could you sand me some more information about that offlicence, maybe even some pictures? :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jems

sorry typo - should read Molloys Off License

Jems wrote: »
    sorry typo - should read Molloys Off License

Here yours Molloys Off-Licence:

http://www.yourofflicence.com/?Dublin:Dublin_8:Molloys

Thanks ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Shevlin's, Rathfarnham Village, Dublin 14 is one to add...

Nick

Advertisement