Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gears of war move

Options
  • 06-09-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

the gears of war move for next year and the rock is going to be in it its going to be made like 300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

On March 20, 2007, it was announced that New Line Cinema had purchased the rights to make a Gears of War film, with Stuart Beattie writing the script along with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, who will be producing it. The film is scheduled to be released in 2009. Producer Wyck Godfrey said of the film adaptation, "I'm not a gamer, but what blew me away about Gears was how it captures the mythology of a war mission and how high the stakes are." It has been announced in the May 2007 issue of Game Informer that Cliff Bleszinski (lead designer of the game) will be the executive producer of the film. On August 3, 2007, AICN.com reported that Len Wiseman was to direct the movie adaptation of Gears of War. , though on March 30, 2007, Godfrey stated that they have "a director we're about to attach" in order to film the movie during 2009 and release in 2010.

Wiseman was officially signed on in June 2008 with Chris Morgan performing script rewrites. As of July 24, 2008, Chris Morgan has hinted on G4's televised coverage of Comic Con 2008 that the film would be a prequel to the first game, "it could explain how Marcus (Fenix) got his scar."
    Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Oh no not Len Wiseman. Not impressed with him at all. ie Underworld

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

As much as I am loathe to admit it, the Rock would actually be perfect for the role of Fenix!:P

Going to look into my magic ball here and predict that this film will be a steaming pile of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

tman wrote: »

Going to look into my magic ball here and predict that this film will be a steaming pile of ****e

+1
    Although it would be nice to be surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Am I the only one who thinks GoW is just another over rated shooter? In fact, I thought it was pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Am I the only one who thinks GoW is just another over rated shooter?

Yes

Impressive. Where can I get one of these magic balls you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

nealmac wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks GoW is just another over rated shooter? In fact, I thought it was pretty boring.

You're not and it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

silvine wrote: »
    Impressive. Where can I get one of these magic balls you speak of?

Any Euroworld should have them.

TBH the only game-to-movie adaption I have ever been excited about was the Halo one. It really looked like they were going in the right direction, before it all went tits up.

This will be a by-the-numbers action film that will make a moderate amount and will prolong the sh!tness that is the game-to-movie genre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

newblue08 wrote: »
    Oh no not Len Wiseman. Not impressed with him at all. ie Underworld

I quite enjoyed Die Hard 4, except for the whole hippycaiyay (sp?) mother-*boom*

It was great for what it was, a mindless action movie - my favourite kind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Whats a move:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Please not "The Rock".
    *thinks of the Doom film and shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

mcgovern wrote: »
    Please not "The Rock".
    *thinks of the Doom film and shudders*

Was going to say you know what they did with doom. All the same i was and am a big big fan of the Doom game and watched the movie 2 times. Parts of it i liked "like when he got his hands on the chain saw and it turned into a FPS" and they did try and copy the game.

Lets not forget about Street Fighter, or maybe i should be saying lets not mention Street Fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

GOW was a pretty boring game. It had the wow factor due to the graphics and some nice touches but I tried playing through it in Co-op mode with a friend which should have made the whole thing gold but after the third level I was bored and turned it off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

nealmac wrote: »
    +1
    Totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whens MAX PAYNE out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

no its not gofw is so good online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

All game related movies should be made in cgi.It's more natural and the original voice actors could be used.Would look alot better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

out next year

Advertisement