Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 5x07 - Whispers [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 06-09-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Sheppard and Beckett join Maj. Anne Teldy’s team on a planet with one of Michael’s research facilities for the early versions of his human-iratus hybrids concealed inside a cave system. Unfortunately for them, Michael's hybrids are nearby conspiring against them.

Whispers Rating 24 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Very Good
    8% 2 votes
    Ok
    33% 8 votes
    Poor
    50% 12 votes
    Why did I waste 45 minutes?
    8% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

It was only ok, plot was a bit predictable altought cool to see an all girl team. Guess it does as a filler episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Haven't watched it. Don't really intend to. Why? No McKay in the summary!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just okay - it was all a bit dull. The fog made everything too murky and difficult to see. The new team weren't that interesting, although I did like when the sarky one was making pointed remarks when Beckett was leching on Jadzia Dax.

I've a feeling that the age group of the new team is the type of age of the crew that we'll be seeing in 'Stargate: Universe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was ok. I found the gum chewing one a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yeah pretty much forgettable episode - not terrible, but quite predictable and slow in some parts... I thought by this episode there would be more of an overall story arc but it seems all episodes so far have been standalone and/or fillers.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    I've a feeling that the age group of the new team is the type of age of the crew that we'll be seeing in 'Stargate: Universe'.

In fairness though, Porter (Jadzia Dax, LOL) and the team's commander (what was her name?) didn't seem that young - Vega and the snarky one did. Beckett asked Porter when she graduated CalTech (sp?) and she said 1996 which would make her what? 21-22 at the time? So if SGA is set in 2008 (which I think it is following our current timeline) that makes her 33-34 - not that young...

Just no teenage team in Universe I hope... pleeeeease....

J-blk wrote: »
    In fairness though, Porter (Jadzia Dax, LOL) and the team's commander (what was her name?) didn't seem that young - Vega and the snarky one did. Beckett asked Porter when she graduated CalTech (sp?) and she said 1996 which would make her what? 21-22 at the time? So if SGA is set in 2008 (which I think it is following our current timeline) that makes her 33-34 - not that young...
    Nope - that's what I reckon that it'll be a team in their late '20s/early '30s and not their '40s like SG1 and SGA. Least that's what I hope. We all have those visions of that clip from '200' and the teenager Stargate team..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I gave it a very good just because it was clearly written by someone who had been playing too much Zombie Mod on CSS. And I like Zombie Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well nicole deboer (i.e. porter i.e. dax) is 38, so i wouldnt say young, although i wouldnt mind seeing her in universe,

will be a lot of talking about small caracters that get a bit of story this season, see if there building them up for universe

episode, as said, is a grat stand alone filler,
    funny when shepard and bekett meet the girls and the girls headed off ahead and they high fived each other, nice:D

THATS WHO SHE WAS. driving me nuts in the nuts. and i still want to count all those spots. hrm :|

250px-EzriDax.jpg

that spoiler bit was good yes :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's ezri dax, not jadzia dax.

just felt that had to be said.

there was nothing wrong with the original but when they replaced her with this little bombshell... zomg.

Overheal wrote: »
    that spoiler bit was good yes :p

Yeah, I didn''t get Ixoy's comment fully at first - she was Ezri Dax in DS9 not Jadzia who was played by Terry Farrell:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000395/

As for the spoiler bit, didn't really notice it - I was still wondering why the hell did Sheppard not know there was an all-girl team? Isn't he like the main military commander in Atlantis anyway?

im sure it all looked fine on paper when he ok'd it.

J-blk wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn''t get Ixoy's comment fully at first - she was Ezri Dax in DS9 not Jadzia who was played by Terry Farrell:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000395/
    Whoops! Yes of course it's Ezri, not Jadzia. Silly slip up - I should have said that girl out of the Dead Zone but nobody really cares about the Dead Zone...

that woman puts anything but a dead zone in my pants. grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Ezri Dax is totally going to be a character in Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

A good episode for a filler, but i wish they would begin to have some memorable episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

decent episode, fog did make it a bit hard to see what was happening the whole time. I thought it was a bit too much like, lets get some chicks, so zombies, so fog and some torches that look like vibrators and see what happens.

It was watchable but not particularly memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

that's ezri dax, not jadzia dax.

just felt that had to be said.

lmao - get a life!!!! :)

I thought it was a good ep. I like zombies and thought it was a cross between Tremors and The Descent and the Cave.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

bit too cliched for my liking, the set seemed to be like 'resident Evil' or any of those Zombie games, what are the bets that that planet will feature as a level in some future SGA game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Did anyone else spot the DS9 reference?

I was watching it, and some part of the episode made me LOL at the cheeky nod to DS9, but I can't remember what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Blah. :rolleyes: Boring episode, nothing interesting happened. Rehash of Vengeance and Instinct. The "All Girl Team" had been trumpeted for a while (not on the show, on the 'net) which was a bit pointless
    given two of them got killed off
    . The bubble gum chewer (wow weren't the names instantly forgettable!) was a clone of Lewis from Robocop, most of them were (IMO) written as men, then cast as women.

Sheppard should have known the team were all girls, he's the Military leader, and he'd met one of them already in the season premier (remember herself shooting down the Wraith Dart?)

*goes off to watch DVDs of Season 1 to console self*

Advertisement