Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted subscription, how to get rid of>

• 06-09-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys, for like the past two weeks ive been getting messages every day or two saying uou content is ready, and its i link to download something off wap. i dont no how i got this or how to get rid of it.

i havent downloaded anything so i thought i woldnt get charged, but my 20E top from last sunday has been drained to just a euro today!

anyone know how to get rid of it? no idea who teh subscription is for either!?!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Ring your phone company. I have been on to O2 about spammy texts I'd been receiving. Was getting charged €1.95 per text. O2 sorted the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have a read of this from the sticky. Then contact your operator if you need help. They can't stop them but they can contact the relevant companys on your behalf and give you contact details etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Yeah, but im getting like WAP texts or something?
    My phone doesn't give me the option to reply to it and say stop, or the option to forward it either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Then contact your operator if you need help
    I'm gonna stick with this advice. I've generally found operators pretty helpful with this. While they do make money from these services (even if not run by them), they do want happy customers so do what they can to help you out.

Ring them up, they'll look see where / when you're getting charged and they'll be able to work out for what.

Would help if you have dates / times (just one or two) ready for the agent so they can find them quicker.

Got one this morning so i'll give them a ring later on! Cheers!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Stephen! wrote: »
    Yeah, but im getting like WAP texts or something?
    My phone doesn't give me the option to reply to it and say stop, or the option to forward it either?
    These sound like service messages. You are generally not charged for receiving these but will be charged if you click on the link within the message.

To disable these messages go to Messaging > Options > Message Settings > Service Messages and turn them off.

Oh cool!
    Thanks! I can't find that setting on my phone, although in the settings it also says I have no subscriptions, pretty confusing?

What are service messages, meteor.ie says nothing about them, at least that i can find?

Found on my list of calls and texts charged to my phone on mymeteor site that im being charged 2.50 per message recieved. altho i now have the number so im gonna text stop to it. hope it's to unsubscribe!

Advertisement