Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeding a garden

Options
  • 06-09-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭

Have moved into a new house and the previous tenant renting it NEVER believed in cutting the grass (or general maintenance whatsoever!) so I have a garden that's both slightly overgrown and filled with feeds.

What is the general procedure here with weeding a garden? Should I pull the weeds up manually or use some kind of weed-killer (if so, recommendations please)? I tried to pull up a weed this morning and simply got it's head so they're quite deeply rooted.

Pictures of garden, and the main populating weed below.

photoqe1.th.jpg photo2vv8.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

You don't say how much time, effort or money you want to put in to it. There doesn't appear to be any grass at all, (I presume it's a lawn area ). In that case I would treat it with Roundup to kill all the weeds, dig it over, rake and level it and sow grass seed. This is the perfect time to do it ( If you can ever get a couple of consecutive dry days to use the weedkiller.) I should say Roundup will take a couple of weeks to work

Advertisement