Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT557 - Help!

Options
  • 06-09-2008 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Im starting dt557 this year and I was wondering if theres anyone else starting this year too?? I hear it has a low drop out rate but what do other people that have already/are doing it think?

Let me no!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flyingwing

Well, like i said before my year had a high dropout rate. I'm also doing DT557 (Spanish) and the class started with 30 and only has 8 of us going away on our ERASMUS. It might be a different situation in the other languages, I don't know. The course isn't that hard so I wouldn't worry about others dropping out as if you want to pass each year you should be able to.

The majority of the dropouts occurred within the first year. By Christmas about 10 had vanished and then another 5 or so didn't get into second year. And then again another 5 or so didn't get into third year. You should have a fairly good idea of who'll be sticking around long-term by christmas in first year.

Between all the languages I think there's 150+ places?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Coconutqueen

Thanks, I think ill be ok though. Does erasmus mean youre going to a different country or what? Oh and do you remember what I need in the way of folders/pens/paper/books etc? I dont want to turn up with the wrong stuff or anything. :p(Im a big nerd when it comes to havin everything in order!)

*Its the first day of classes and one girl sits alone in a room in dit, singing pitifully:

''Im all alone...theres no-one here beside me..............'' :(*

:p Hopefully not :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flyingwing

Em, you need pens I suppose? Some kind of paper to write things on. Yeah, an ERASMUS is the educational year abroad(9 months). I'm not sure if you're aware, but its a course requirement that you spend 3rd year abroad in the country of your selected language. You can't stay in Ireland for 3rd year.

Ah yeh I knew that I just didn't know it had a special name that's all! Ah thats grand! Thanks for the help be if I dont talk to you again, have a good time abroad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

*Its the first day of classes and one girl sits alone in a room in dit, singing pitifully:

''Im all alone...theres no-one here beside me..............'' :(*

:p Hopefully not :P

dont worry....i might be the only one in dt556 :eek:
    wonder what the german turnout will be like:confused:

At least you found someone in your thread whos taking your course! Im thinking of taking german or russian as my second language.:D What are you thinking of doing?

At least you found someone in your thread whos taking your course! Im thinking of taking german or russian as my second language.:D What are you thinking of doing?

im goin 2 take spanish because i was hopin 2 go 2 dcu and do d course der and u got to do spanish and i think it will be easier out of the 3:D

yeh spanish is really easy alrite!! :D What do you mean, transfer to dcu for your 2nd year? I didnt know you could do that! You might like dit so much that you want to stay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The-Artstar

Alrightee.

I'm also in your course.....:p

So we just go in wednesday right

• Advertisement

Yay! Now there's 2 people in our course! Yeh I think were in at 11.15? What language are you choosing for your 2nd one?

yeh spanish is really easy alrite!! :D What do you mean, transfer to dcu for your 2nd year? I didnt know you could do that! You might like dit so much that you want to stay!

dcu was 1st choice but i needed another 25points :rolleyes:
    im getting papers rechecked but i prob will stay in dit,it seems good so far:D

Alrite I see! Ah youll be better off stayin at dit! Should be a laugh anyhow!:D Cant wait for freshers week!:P

Yay! Now there's 2 people in our course! Yeh I think were in at 11.15? What language are you choosing for your 2nd one?

We have to go in at 9:30 for induction, then it's registration at 11:45 or something.

Finally met someone else who's doing this course...

We have to go in at 9:30 for induction, then it's registration at 11:45 or something.

Oh rite, jaysus thanks for the warning, I would have just wandered in at 11 and would have been totally scarlet! Haha!:p

Im telling ya, its a disaster! Hopefully the people in our course just dont go on the boards! :D On a different note, I think Im gonna take russian as my 2nd language or german if thats full!

i emailed them about my course and said i gotta be there for time it says on the sheet...

jessie11 wrote: »
    i emailed them about my course and said i gotta be there for time it says on the sheet...

:confused: Confusion overload! Im gona ring and talk to some one I think! Ill lets yas no! :cool:

Deadly....

Ya think they would've been a bit more specific on the sheet when they were typing it up. Have to admit that they've totally confused me with when we're meant to be going in.

I just assumed 9:30 cos it said Induction starts at 9:30 in Giant black bold lettering.

Deadly....

Ya think they would've been a bit more specific on the sheet when they were typing it up. Have to admit that they've totally confused me with when we're meant to be going in.

I just assumed 9:30 cos it said Induction starts at 9:30 in Giant black bold lettering.

Yep,
    Was in there today and it starts at 9.30. Good call!:D See yas in the morning!

Advertisement