Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed beta to Open beta (patch)

Options
  • 06-09-2008 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone point me in the direction of it ? Does it even exist yet ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Tusky wrote: »

Thanks.
    it does exsist, however i wouldnt be able to point u in the right direction, sorry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks.

There's no separate patch, the automatic patcher should get it all down, if GOA ever get their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Spear wrote: »
    There's no separate patch, the automatic patcher should get it all down, if GOA ever get their act together.

Ah right, cheers. Thanks again for the discs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ah right, cheers. Thanks again for the discs!

Although it's probably obvious, but just copy the contents from them into a single folder and run the installer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When are they finally going to admit there has been a **** up somewhere? There surely cant be any way that we havent had an announcement by now.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    When are they finally going to admit there has been a **** up somewhere? There surely cant be any way that we havent had an announcement by now.

They've never committed to a schedule or dates, a cynical person might suggest that this was so they can't be accused of failing to meet their objectives. Magnus/Imaad and IainC/Requiel have both said nothing other than it'll be up before the open beta, but that's to start about 5 pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

On warhammer alliance forums Goa and mythic representatives are posting there everyday and they both say everything is on schedule. They said there website has more people on it at the same time than it will with the account page so will be able handle the slaughter. Dont know where they came up with that but whatever.

But what im worried about is if the OB registration page is done whit flash like the website. That will be a disaster I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah i dont think theres anything wrong..just think they want to stress test there account system ready for launch..itll probably open up tonight or tomorrow morning..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm also worried that EA still havent given me my ****ing beta key...

I'm also worried that EA still havent given me my ****ing beta key...

Theres plenty of sites giving out beta keys at this stage. Theres a thread on this forum detailing them.

• Advertisement

EU people that pre ordered from ea have started getting their keys a couple days ago. Im still waiting but is probably first to order gets keys first!

Seems things may be finally underway. A completely redesigned patcher has started being sent to some closed beta accounts.

^^ woo my client is patching at he moment :D

DrMorphine wrote: »
    ^^ woo my client is patching at he moment :D

The patcher or the client itself? You should be seeing a 185 meg patch to version 4.1.

Ahh its just a patcher look update! but it does have a link saying create account which is linked to war europe home page atm.

Atleast its progress

This is official from Requiel, to patch your closed client now, open patch.cfg and enter this instead.
    <PatchConfig>
    <Config>
    <ResourceModules>
    <Module name="http" />
    <Module name="login">
    <PreAuth />
    </Module>
    </ResourceModules>
    <PatcherProduct>
    <Product name="EAMythic Patcher" description="EAMythic Patcher" prodfile="patcher-goa.prod">
    <manifestrepos>
    <repo url="http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/&quot; />
    </manifestrepos>
    </Product>
    </PatcherProduct>
    <MainProduct>
    <Product name="Warhammer European Open Beta Release" description="Warhammer European Open Beta Client" prodfile="war-goa.prod">
    <manifestrepos>
    <repo url="http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/warhammer/manifest/&quot; />
    </manifestrepos>
    </Product>
    </MainProduct>
    </Config>
    </PatchConfig>

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

What if was to give my Closed beta client to a mate to install on his PC
    Would the fact that he only has an Open Beta key matter?
    Would it matter what client he will be using?

KoKane wrote: »

He can patch the closed beta client to open beta.

The open beta key is needed to create an allowed account. The client source doesn't matter since cloesd will patch to open.

My closed beta client is now patching to version 4.1, the open beta client.

• Advertisement

My closed beta client is now patching to version 4.1, the open beta client.

How did you manage that ?

How did you manage that ?

My closed beta account is already cleared for the OB, I don't need a key.

My closed beta account is already cleared for the OB, I don't need a key.

Ah, handy. I'm getting promoted for a username and password.

Ah, handy. I'm getting promoted for a username and password.

That should be the same ones you used to login to war-europe.com.

untitled-2.jpg

My patcher is stuck like that atm :/

My patcher is stuck like that atm :/

It's trying to access the same authentication server as the webpage, it'll take a few attempts.

Gotcha

Advertisement