Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

09 Ploughing Championships

Options
  • 06-09-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Can anybody confirm That the 2009 Ploughing championships will be held around Tralee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

fastrac wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm That the 2009 Ploughing championships will be held around Tralee?
    I doubt it very much,where did you hear that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

try contacting the co. sec of the NPA
    He'd know for sure
    Kerry:
    Brendan Blackwell, Rathoneen, Ardfert, Co. Kerry
    066-7134130

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

2009 ploughing in Athy.Maybe next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

fastrac wrote: »

I can't honestly find anywhere suitable anywhere in Kerry for Ploughing Championships (offhand anyways) so doubt they will be in kerry at all ... don't see where suitable* land would be located
    *suitable mainly on the grounds of size, even Tralee race-course wouldn't be large enough

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Ive heard that they will be held in Ardfert in 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I heard Ballacolla Co. Laois (held it several times already) in 2010. I know there are some good farms in Kerry but hard to see where they would get one single site with a mix of good dry grass and stubble ground.

I'm sure it would be nice though to change it from it's usual Sth Leinster venues but I would not bank on it. It is a strongly commercial event first and foremost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

It will be up the country again next year. I was in Ardfert in 1984 when the ploughing championships were held there, back then there were no trade stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It will be up the country again next year. I was in Ardfert in 1984 when the ploughing championships were held there, back then there were no trade stands.

you sure it was not ballyheigue??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Tomthepost wrote: »
    you sure it was not ballyheigue??
    It was Ardfert because I remember it like it was yesterday. A group of us that were doing the certificate in farming course went back there in a bus. We ended up spending most of the day in the bar tent that the Banna beach hotel had there.

Advertisement