Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article in the Sunday Tribune. Contribute!!

Options
  • 06-09-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. As I said in a previous thread, my cousin is looking to write an article on the body mod industry and the culture. Basically to get things rolling, she needs something kinda shocking. Like an incident where modification went wrong and how, with the help of regulation, this could of been prevented. Another angle would be the discrimination we face day to day as part of the alt community. If anyone's picked up this month's issue of bizzare they'll see their recent campaign to help stop this kind of behaviour from happening. This could be your chance to voice your opinion on the community and what can be done. Perhaps have something positive published for once? Get our side across!! Opinions? Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

how about the way mothers are stupid and gun there babies ears. EVil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how about instead of focusing on regulation she could focus on personal responsibility and making sure you're not going to a talentless git for your modifications?

regulation is needed. If your gone for a weekend and decide to get pierced you can hardly know everything about the guy your going to. At least if it's regulated you know he know's what he's doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Yeah, I'm kinda interested in the discrimination side myself, personally. She seems really keen on this too, so I need sob stories people!! And anyone who fancies getting interviewed?

i was a plumber and bouncer with multiple piercings....cant really say i was discriminated against!!!!

• Advertisement

Do you just live on this board?! I dunno. Gonna try come up with some nice ideas.

ha ha yeah pretty much, I quit my job so i could train full time, so my day is pretty much, train eat sleep and internet. occasionaly friends...I live in the country:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Yeah, I'm kinda interested in the discrimination side myself, personally. She seems really keen on this too, so I need sob stories people!! And anyone who fancies getting interviewed?

Lol, I have had people refuse to shake my hand in church over it.

Talk about Christian :rolleyes:

they still have churches and masses??? wow!!

they still have churches and masses??? wow!!

Uhhh yeah? :confused:

• Advertisement

sorry i just dont go anymore!!! it's been forever.
    My granny's really catholic so i was put off it young...Plus when she disowned me cos of my first piercing it didn't help to much!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Jebus! That's a bit much!! My 94 year old Grandma thought my tattoo was lovely when I showed it to her! Personally I've never experienced any discrimination, but my tattoos are fairly subtle, they're on both ankles/lower calves so I can hide them easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A few teachers in my school always pass smart comments about my piercings, and ears.
    And its not something i can really address with my principal because im not really ment to have them in the first place.
    Its nothing like "take them out your not ment to have them"
    Its more of an "OH JESUS", and assuming im some sort of "hoodlum"
    Not by the way i act, this has been from day one and they still dont get the picture, that im probably the best behaved in my class.

And i wouldn't mind getting interviewed.

oh thats after jogging my memory...for those of us that are young enough to of been in school in the last few years did anyone else get slapped with the no facial piercings rule and yet little skag girls could go around with there monroe's and eyebrow piercings without anything being said to them:mad:

oh thats after jogging my memory...for those of us that are young enough to of been in school in the last few years did anyone else get slapped with the no facial piercings rule and yet little skag girls could go around with there monroe's and eyebrow piercings without anything being said to them:mad:

Yeah that happened to me loads, but I used to drive my teachers mad because I'd have the bar in with no ball screwed on and if they thought they saw it I'd just pull it back and hide it under my tongue so they could prove nothing :p

Aye, but school isn't really what I'm looking for I guess. Bit of a bad angle to come at. My cous was contemplating going undercover in the arcade to see exactly what they're like i.e hygiene and consent wise.

Aye, but school isn't really what I'm looking for I guess. Bit of a bad angle to come at. My cous was contemplating going undercover in the arcade to see exactly what they're like i.e hygiene and consent wise.

I can pretty much sum that up for you, been pierced there before and it was a nightmare. They pierced my lip with a tiny ring that didn't accomidate for swelling so the back of my lip ripped, they also didn't align it with another one I had despite me making the mark to show where I wanted it, and on top of that I picked up a really nasty infection.

To make matters worse the guy who did it stopped half way with the needle in my lip to serve a customer!

Hahaha,hardly surprising!! Turns out I'm kinda related to that guy!

You'd swear their little sparkly piercings wre invisible...

I can pretty much sum that up for you, been pierced there before and it was a nightmare. They pierced my lip with a tiny ring that didn't accomidate for swelling so the back of my lip ripped, they also didn't align it with another one I had despite me making the mark to show where I wanted it, and on top of that I picked up a really nasty infection.

To make matters worse the guy who did it stopped half way with the needle in my lip to serve a customer!

Oh dear old....
    hahaha, but yeah not much of a surprise.
    I'd rather do it myself than go there tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement