Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery

• 06-09-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

hi my laptop battery life is very short. When its not plugged in it only lasts an hour i say and it said it would last 3 when i bought it. Is there anything i can buy for it to extend its life or anything i can do? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Besides replacing it, no. Li-po battery cells have a limited lifespan. Any changes in power set up would only have a very small effect on battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

How old is it? If it's under a year or so and still under warranty you should probably try and get a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

for future referance, just remove your battery from the laptop when it's not being used. increase it's life a little.

also, dont strain your battery when you are using it. ie, dont be running a demanding task while having the screen at full brightness and running music at full volume. your battery doesnt like this

Advertisement