Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n85 release date anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I ordered my Nokia N85 from E-Cell on the 29th December. Got an email from them today confirming the dispatch of the N85. I will let y'all know how it is when I get it in the post. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
    Cheers, good to know. my order was placed late on the 31st Irish time so I can reasonably expect it to be posted in two-three days I guess...

Let us know if you have to pay customs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

I ordered my Nokia N85 from E-Cell on the 29th December. Got an email from them today confirming the dispatch of the N85. I will let y'all know how it is when I get it in the post. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Not too bad so, will hopefully get a similar email in the next few days. Let us know how you get on, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

got a new one of these going cheap if someone wants to avoid the wait

Gekko wrote: »
    got a new one of these going cheap if someone wants to avoid the wait

Can you PM me the details? cheers

ECELL wrote:
    GREAT NEWS ! YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND DISPATCHED

Got that this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭kirving

You wont be caught for custom charges, they ship from England once they get the phone. (I'm just after seeing its €536 on pixmania!)

However, I returned my N78 because the FM trans mitter was disabled in Hong Kong and i wasnt sure aboutt he warranty. It look a little while but I got the money back off them.

The build quality on my n85 isn't the best, wobbly slider......

I have another problem though, in the "Photos" menu on the phone itself, there is no text, I can scroll through the menu, and the area where the text should be is highlighted. When I select something from the menu. i.e: "Downloaded / Captured", I'm given circular menu of pictures, but none of the pictures actually load. All I see is a grey symbol indicating that a picture should be there....

Ive re-installed the firmware(v11) and restored factory settings but its still the same. Any ideas on what I could do?

theCzar wrote: »
    Got that this morning...

Got mine this morning too...Kevin (above) says his was shipped from England...hopefully that's the case with the N85 and we get it soon. As with the email, keep me posted when yours arrives, I should get mine the day after you get yours. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

I bought n85 off ecell on 27th....got it in the post at home today....wont get my hands on it till tomorrow but ill let you know if theres any problems.

So I got my hands on the phone today....everything seems fine with it the only thing I notice is that although I have it in dual mode(UMTS/GSM) the phone still seems to be on GSM rather than 3G if the symbol in the corner is anything to go by......this is initially anyway,whereas if I put the sim into my old n70 its on 3G.....I dont know if this is sometime with the phone I will wait and see if it changes.

Couple of notes....there are a few symbols around the keypad that are foreign and would indicate that the phone probably originated in hk....nothing too noticeable though certainly wouldnt bother me anyway. Also I notice the slight wobble with the slider that alot of people have giving out about on mobile forums for the n85 but I dont think its bad and it hasnt annoyed me so far.

bazcaz wrote: »
    So I got my hands on the phone today....everything seems fine with it the only thing I notice is that although I have it in dual mode(UMTS/GSM) the phone still seems to be on GSM rather than 3G if the symbol in the corner is anything to go by......this is initially anyway,whereas if I put the sim into my old n70 its on 3G.....I dont know if this is sometime with the phone I will wait and see if it changes.

Couple of notes....there are a few symbols around the keypad that are foreign and would indicate that the phone probably originated in hk....nothing too noticeable though certainly wouldnt bother me anyway. Also I notice the slight wobble with the slider that alot of people have giving out about on mobile forums for the n85 but I dont think its bad and it hasnt annoyed me so far.

Good to hear the slider is not so bad, I had been reading horror stories and was worried I'd bought a lemon. Interesting about the 3G not appearing, hopefully temporary. Somebody said the FM transmitter was disabled on a phoen they got from HK, can you confirm this?

Cheers for the notes

• Advertisement

Ya just checkd the fm there and worked fine.......I had a check to see if there was any problem with the photo gallery like what Kevin Irving said in an earlier post with grey blank image rather than the photo and im not getting that problem.....

good good :D

The 3g mode is after activating,i was in too rural a part of roscommon for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Just a quick update. The phone arrived today, seven days after dispatch. I wont get my hands on it til tomorrow though, as it got delivered to my mother's house and I wont get over tonight. But I'll let ye know how it is as soon as I get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

I ordered mine, Tuesday 6th Jan at 9am. Received a dispatch email, exactly one week later, this morning at 07:10.

am i meant to have received a tracking number?

You'll get your tracking number in a day or two. Then it's simply a matter of logging into the Royal Mail website and voila.

I couldn't help myself and went home last night to pick up the N85. I've been playing with it for the last 12 hours or so (sleep permitting) and so far, I'm very pleased with it. Phone is sturdy and runs smoothly. Took a bit of getting used to, but that's the same with all new devices.

Have uploaded about 200 songs onto it, all working fine. I used Windows Media Player 11 as the software bundled with the N85, Ovi Suite, for some reason doesn't support the N85. Good work there, Nokia. It's not a problem with E-Cell, it's Nokia's mistake.

The only thing I will say about it is the slider, when open, is a little loose. Not too much, and I don't think it'll be a problem. But other than that, couldn't be happier with the phone. I'm very glad I purchased it.

You'll get your tracking number in a day or two. Then it's simply a matter of logging into the Royal Mail website and voila.

Excellent. Thanks.

And good to know everything's good with the phone. Ill let y'll know how i get on.

I got that email yesterday and have tried tracking the item but it just says to 'come back later, information for the item isn't available'...how long did it take for yours to be trackable in the system? Also, how long after receiving the tracking number email did you actually receive the phone? Thanks!

I got word from Ecell that it was posted on Jan 8th, recieved the royal mail tracker number 2 days later on the 10th but since then I have gotten the same message to 'come back later' could be that the item is still sitting in a Royal Mail warehouse in Manchester (if they're anything like An Post, that's quite likely)

EDITS, yup, the jerkoffs have been using it for a paperwight for the last 3/4 days
    We have received your item, posted on 13/01/09 and it is being processed for delivery abroad

There I was, thinking An Post were a shower

online_package_tracking.png

theCzar wrote: »

EDITS, yup, the jerkoffs have been using it for a paperwight for the last 3/4 days

There I was, thinking An Post were a shower

online_package_tracking.png

:D Its funny cause it's true...it does drive ya radio rental :mad: cheers for the update, no chance of me getting it this week then

• Advertisement

If it's anything like my parcel, which was processed the same as everyone else here's seems to be, you'll get the phone a week to the day after the dispatch email was sent to you. Patience my young padawans, it'll be with you before you know it!

Tracking number received 14 hours after dispatch email....

"come back later" message already driving me crazy!!

Mine arrived at home today....

Unfortunately, I won't arrive home to collect it until Friday the 23rd. :(

We have received your item, posted on 19/01/09 and it is being processed for delivery abroad.

started displaying with my tracking number yesterday evening..

rocks1981 wrote: »
    started displaying with my tracking number yesterday evening..
    Mine arrived very quickly once they actually sent it :pac:

You should have it tomorrow or day after.

Your item, posted on 19/01/09 with reference XX000000000GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE.

will it be today? will it be tomorrow. .... .... ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

TaDa.... http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=700

My bro is in love with his!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Saw that last night but I'd still say people would be better off getting it off eBay!!!!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Saw that last night but I'd still say people would be better off getting it off eBay!!!!
    I don't usually get stuff off ebay but I bought mine when a euro bought 96 pence sterling so it was by far the cheapest option. I'm hitting the long road home in just 6 hours (I'll be home on Friday morning (as I say, its a long road) then I can play with it to my hearts content even though my friend's brother says you can go blind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 glenn_lfc

Yea the n85 looks pretty cool. Is there much difference between that and the n78?

Advertisement