Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Stag.

Options
  • 06-09-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I no Kilkenny Folks HATE stags but i no the good helpful boards users will give me some advice.

Its my brother Stag do in 3 weeks and we have hotel booked, playing a round of Golf saturday morning, just wondering what else does kilkenny offer that i could add to the list.We do have a Kilkenny guy with us so getting around wont be a problem but just some suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Sorry to bump this
    but is kilkenny still an anti stag town?
    I love the place i've been to the cat;s laugh a few years running and was there again on saturday for a christmas party.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

sofireland wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this
    but is kilkenny still an anti stag town?
    I love the place i've been to the cat;s laugh a few years running and was there again on saturday for a christmas party.

I doubt if any of the publicans can afford to be anti-stag in kilkenny these days. Kilkenny used be hopping on a saturday night, anytime I've been down over the last few months its been pretty quiet.

Thats what i was thinking, its in Feb next year, Recession in fuller swing, they'll be glad to take our money off us i'm sure.

Any general tips for arranging acccomadation and going round pubs etc?

Was thinking of picking a couple of places and let people book their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Thats what i was thinking, its in Feb next year, Recession in fuller swing, they'll be glad to take our money off us i'm sure.

Any general tips for arranging acccomadation and going round pubs etc?

Was thinking of picking a couple of places and let people book their own?

mick_irl pretty much listed all the accomodation and pubs in a sticky, namesco linked to it above.

Depends on yer budget as to what type of accomodation ye want, eg. Days hotel is budget but on the outskirts of the city (ye'd need taxis in and out), kilkenny inn hotel is in town, looks like good value and walking distance to pubs.

Tips for going round pubs ... just don't peak too early :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

GO KARTING in Kiltorcan, which is just outside Ballyhale.

I went there with a group of lads down on a stag weekend. Its a bit of craic and give ye something to slag each other about as the night progresses consuming the "devil's buttermilk":)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

sice wrote: »
    The Rafter Dempsey's do B&B for stags, might suit ye considering it's in the very centre of the town.
    your about 3 months late:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sice

Plug wrote: »
    your about 3 months late:o

Hate that!

itsonlyme wrote: »
    GO KARTING in Kiltorcan, which is just outside Ballyhale.

I went there with a group of lads down on a stag weekend. Its a bit of craic and give ye something to slag each other about as the night progresses consuming the "devil's buttermilk":)

Heh heh was thinking that looked good, Would it be easy enough to get a minibus to bring us out there?

Also meant to ask, would there be many pubs in Kilkenny City that'd have pool tables,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Heh heh was thinking that looked good, Would it be easy enough to get a minibus to bring us out there?

Also meant to ask, would there be many pubs in Kilkenny City that'd have pool tables,

Here's a good thread for pool tables in Kilkenny pubs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397582

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

Yep Im sure any of the cab companies would do the trip for ye in a mini bus...could cost a few bob cos its a few miles outside of town but hey if there is 6/8 sharing ye wont notice.

and who wants pool tables when ye have all the beautiful women in kk at the weekends:P

Advertisement