Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fifa 09 vs pro evo 09

• 06-09-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

I just saw a trailer for fifa 09 and it looks great. Im a pro evo fan but am torn which to get this time round. I currently have pro evo 6 and have played pro evo 08 a lot too. Both quality games. Online is very laggy with pro evo 6 which annoys me.
    Whats fifa like online?? Which should title should I buy next??
    Pros and cons please.

Fifa 09 or Pro evo 09 which to buy.... 66 votes

Fifa 09
    0%
    Pro evo 09
    100%
    smogsuper_furryV9lee_baby_simmsprojectmayhemkensutzjesus_thats_greLucious SweetbennycLIGHTNINGgafarrellDeBeeremikemacjtsuitedIrishpimpdudeXylophonic00sullychrisladeZe^marathont 66 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

fifa o9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Pro evo 09
    No idea what the new game will be like. No idea what online play is like on existing games. But the answer has to be Fifa...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

xbox36016 wrote: »
    fifa o9

thanks for the constructive imput:D

dulpit wrote: »
    No idea what the new game will be like. No idea what online play is like on existing games. But the answer has to be Fifa...

:confused: Just has to be fifa why exactly??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Pro evo 09
    Normally, I'd be Pro Evo. I've been choosing it since ISS on the N64. However, since the next gen consoles launched, and have since become just 'gen' consoles, PES has done nothing. PES6 was half the game it was on the PS2. PES2008 was dull. The best football game I've played since the 360 was lauched was UEFA 2008.

Both games will be out without a week or two of each other, and I will get one, and it's looking like FIFA 09 all the way, as I think I saw that PES is still using the same engine as previous games. At least FIFA is trying, and while people may dislike EA, they've done a great job with FIFA over the past 2 or 3 years, improving the game and tighening it up. Plus they can do online. Konami haven't gotten the foggiest how to make an online footie game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Pro evo 09
    Just wait until the games are out and make your own mind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what a stupid thread, how can one possibly choose which is the better game without playing them :rolleyes:

Cremo wrote: »
    what a stupid thread, how can one possibly choose which is the better game without playing them :rolleyes:

The thread is to see where things have gone since pes 06 which I have. I'm a fan since N64 version like one of the others who replied but I'm just wondering where to go next. Theres been a good few changes since then and this thread was just to get a feel for where people have been siding and where the they may go this time round. But I have to say good imput just saying its a stupid thread. Your obviously a clever chappie.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Pro evo 09
    Fifa has always been better bar the wii.

So Im gonna hav to say fifa. Looks very good I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Pro evo 09

Because PES2008 was so much different that PES6!? FIFA 07 was so much different that FIFA 08? Based on trends over the last few years, previews etc, it looks like FIFA has the best chance in a longer time of not only being the best selling (which it always is), but actually being the best game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Pro evo 09
    Oh i dunno, ill decide when they both get released.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

chrislad wrote: »
    Normally, I'd be Pro Evo. I've been choosing it since ISS on the N64. However, since the next gen consoles launched, and have since become just 'gen' consoles, PES has done nothing. PES6 was half the game it was on the PS2. PES2008 was dull. The best football game I've played since the 360 was lauched was UEFA 2008.

Both games will be out without a week or two of each other, and I will get one, and it's looking like FIFA 09 all the way, as I think I saw that PES is still using the same engine as previous games. At least FIFA is trying, and while people may dislike EA, they've done a great job with FIFA over the past 2 or 3 years, improving the game and tighening it up. Plus they can do online. Konami haven't gotten the foggiest how to make an online footie game.

I am in the same opinion as you. Normally I wouldnt give Fifa a chance but this year I will. I have been dissappointed with PES6 and PES2008 mainly with online play it has to be said. I tried Euro 2008 and it was enjoyable not quite as fast paced as PES is but good none the less.
    Im undecided until I play some demos and read reviews of the final versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Agreed, wait till people have played both games before asking for recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I hate these threads, a war of fanboys.

My answer? I will buy both and judge which is best myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Pro evo 09
    R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Fifa has always been better bar the wii.

So Im gonna hav to say fifa. Looks very good I must say.

In your opinion of course :rolleyes:

Fifa for me probably.
    Both demos are out next friday so I will have a better idea then.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I hate these threads, a war of fanboys.

My answer? I will buy both and judge which is best myself.

If you hate these threads dont waste your time reading them and more to the point dont waste your precious time posting back on them if you dislike them so much.

That said...
    If you have a constructive answer that incorporates past games experience and previews out (which there are btw, I just viewed a video preview of Fifa 09 for example and it looks fantastic) then by all means give your thoughts if not just dont bother. I'm sure you could find better use for your time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Pro evo 09
    FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    In your opinion of course :rolleyes:

Of course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Just get both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Pro evo 09
    BFassassin wrote: »
    I am in the same opinion as you. Normally I wouldnt give Fifa a chance but this year I will. I have been dissappointed with PES6 and PES2008 mainly with online play it has to be said. I tried Euro 2008 and it was enjoyable not quite as fast paced as PES is but good none the less.
    Im undecided until I play some demos and read reviews of the final versions.

I am the same as you both ISS N64 as far as ProEvo2008, then I got fifa 08 and at the start didnt like it much but got used to it and now its all I play throw in Pro Evo the odd time but very odd. I will be buying FIFA on release day this year if I can spare the funds and its up to Pro Evo to make me want need to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

an arcadey Pro evo similar to the ISS 64 would be a nice change in direction. plus i think i heard that Seabass admitted their real next-gen pro evo wont be rady until next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pro evo 09
    There's no way PES is going to improve enough after the shambles that was PES 2008 in my view. I was an ultra-biased PES fan before 2008 came out, despite its multitude of flaws i stuck with it. Then I tried Euro 2008 and found that it shat all over PES 2008 in every way and it's a near certainty that the new FIFA will do the same (going on the preview code of PES 2009 and trustworthy previews so far)

FIFA has:
    1, better graphics
    2, better gameplay (slower & more realistic than PES)
    3, online play is flawless (on PES it's shocking)
    4, way more to do (be a pro, 10 v 10 online)
    5, lots more stadiums and teams (not as important, but still very nice)

Konami are taking the piss out of their loyal customers and it's quite disgraceful really!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Listen PRo Evo 08 is the exact same as 07 and 06

The same goes with FIFA

Who cares just write over 08 with 09 on the front of the box and its the same thing anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pro Evo. EA are not getting my money, simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pro evo 09
    Mont wrote: »
    Listen PRo Evo 08 is the exact same as 07 and 06

The same goes with FIFA

Who cares just write over 08 with 09 on the front of the box and its the same thing anyways

Have you actually played any of them? only someone who knew squat would say something like that.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Pro Evo. EA are not getting my money, simple as.

Even if PES 2009 is really, really bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Any sign of a Fifa demo lads? Really really considering switching from my ultra PES fan boy to trying out FIFA this year tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Headspin wrote: »
    Even if PES 2009 is really, really bad?

If I get word of it being bad, I won't buy either. I'd rather have nothing then give EA money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

If I get word of it being bad, I won't buy either. I'd rather have nothing then give EA money.

lol sounds a bit ott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Pro evo 09
    I'd rather have nothing then give EA money.

Yeah that'll teach em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i heard that Seabass admitted their real next-gen pro evo wont be rady until next year.

He's said that the past 3 years in a row!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Is that just EA for Fifa or are you just coming out with a very rash statement about EA in general and wouldnt buy anything with EA on it?? Seems a bit crazy if that is the case. Theres plenty of good EA games.

Advertisement