Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fifa 09 vs pro evo 09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

oddly enough EA are thinking more outside the box that all of the other companies,maybe not in fifa but they did bring out skate and rockband last year an have games such as dead space and mirrors edge this year.Personally im going to wait to buy my next upgrade of a soccer game...Im a pro evo fanboy and i still will be after the new ones come out..im still playing pro evo 6 because i too was disappointed with pro evo 08 and am not willing to give away my money to developers that arent trying..I would move over to fifa as they are making more changes but i just cant stand fifas gameplay fullstop.I still lie in hope that pro evo will make changes in the new one and i pray that they will include an indoor pitch in the new one..I know its wishful thinking but id love to see an indoor pitch as fifa 97 on the sega with the indoor pitches was some of the best and most rememberable soccer matches i had with my friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Pro evo 09
    I doubt you will see indoor pitches. EA have them already. It's called FIFA Street.

Shame really, as 5 a side matches from, I believe, FIFA 98 on the PSOne were excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fifa Street is a massive pile of dog****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Pro evo 09
    I was a Pro Evo Fanboy and my advice to anyone who still is one is to get your hands on Fifa 08 not just a rental copy but a pre owned I am sure they can be got cheap, get shot of all your pro evo games for a week or two and play only fifa , online, off line, challange mode, be a pro. The make an informed decision, when I got Fifa first I was pissed as i reckoned I had just thrown away 110 euro on two rubbish footie games. FIFA takes time but is worth it.
    Loking at the gameplay on youtube for both sims ProEvo looks like 5 (which may not be a bad thing) and Fifa is playing with the same speed as Fifa 07 (which may be a bad thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

ps fifa street not indoor if u opened your eyes u mite see the sky its just a cut down version of fifa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Pro evo 09
    It would be a brilliant online concept. Indoor soccer online with the Fifa 08/09 game engine.

Fifa Street sucked.

I liked PES 6 at first but then I found fault after fault (online, where 90% of my game presence is) until the point I gave up on it and bought Fifa 08 (again, I had the crap PC version.)
    I never turned back. Excellent online game engine.

Will def be buying Fifa 09.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

lukily for me as a PES fan I mostly play it with mates - maybe because I know it's online component has been worthless.
    But the demos are out today no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

mayordenis wrote: »
    lukily for me as a PES fan I mostly play it with mates - maybe because I know it's online component has been worthless.
    But the demos are out today no?

Just after downloading the FIFA demo, no sign of the PES demo yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Pro evo 09
    PES Has an agreement with UEFA for the Champions Leauge for the next 4 years starting this year. So there will be a Champions Leuage mode. Thats impressive.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-1558-Konami-Announces-Licensed-Teams-for-PES-2009.html

Pro evo 09
    Fol20 wrote: »
    ps fifa street not indoor if u opened your eyes u mite see the sky its just a cut down version of fifa

Firstly, capitals and punctuation are your friends. Secondly, learn to use PS properly. You don't open a reply with it.

So FIFA Street is outdoor? Re-feckin'-ally? Must have missed that. My point was, clearly, that since EA already have a full product out of 5-a-side football, why would they include said feature for free? They wouldn't because they're trying to get as much money as they can. I want a 5 a side feature. As I said in my post, it's a shame it's not included.

Take your own advice regarding your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pro evo 09
    I haven't bought a fifa game since road to the world cup 2002, after playing this demo that's going to change.

Pro evo 09
    Demo was great fun. Pity they didnt make the halfs longer tho. Seems to be better sound effects all round this year also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pro evo 09
    After you score, hold LT and push the right stick in to do the Peter Crouch robot celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is the demo just for those on gold at the min?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

The new Fifa demo is really impressive, I think I may buy Fifa for a change this year instead of Pro Evo.

Pro evo 09
    Yep for a week I think.

This vid here is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Pro evo 09
    Just played demo there myself and I'm extremely impressed with it. My initial thoughts were it looks great. Not just the UI but the game itself.
    All the little touches make me smile ...
    The EA logo before each replay, the linesman pointing the flag, the load ups before each match, the naming out of players before each match etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigjez

I have pes on the xbox anf fifa on the ps3. Now the big difference i find is the passing element. In pes i can pass the ball around 30+ passes trying to draw out defenders to gain space. In fifa this is a problem they dont want to leave there positions. I was never one for tricks so passing was the ball around and taking my time was how i played. With fifa the ball just doesnt have a proper feeling of proper ball mechanics roll lenght bounce etc..All in all i will probably get both again but most of my time will be spent on PES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pro evo 09
    Is the demo just for those on gold at the min?

Yep, silver members have to wait a week before they can download demos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

This year, for the first time in a long while, its gonna be try before you buy for me. I'll have to give both demos a whirl first.

After PES08 - I'm not so sure I'll be rushing out to get PES09 on release day unless the demo blows me away (and how likely is that gonna be?!). And I bought Fifa 08 last year too. And while it ws a massive improvement over older versions (and probably better than PES08), there's just something about it that doesn't sit right with me. It's not fanboy snobbery - it just doesn't feel right when I'm playing.

• Advertisement

Pro evo 09
    Yup, it's FIFA for me this year. Last year for the first year I bought both, and I wasn't 100% gone on either. UEFA Euro 2008 was the first footie game I enjoyed in a long time and I will definitely be picking up FIFA based on this demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The king is dead, long live the. . .fifa. . .really?

I have to say my plan was (and possibly still is) to give pro evo one last chance. The smart thing wud be to use the demo's to aid a distinct decision. Perhaps a boycott of the new PES shud be staged to voice our displeasure at the lack of progress, ideally this wud bring a rethink for the konami lads to win us back. I think i'd need to have a shower after buying a fifa game. . . I'll get the boiler ready

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

Defo buying Fifa again this year. Hadnt played it in years until last year when PES2008 was such a let down.

Thought Fifa 08 was good, UEFA 08 even better (possibly best football game there's been in my opinion) so hoping that Fifa 09 will be quality again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Pro evo 09
    Well impressed with the fifa demo, there does seem to be an improvement in the gameplay over 08, particularly in the off the ball movement of your team mates, there's a lot more movement on the pitch in general. The graphics look a lot better this time around as well, no more plastic faces. Can't wait for the 10 v 10 games. Have to give to credit to EA, they've really brought fifa forward when Konami have been standing still. PES 09 is gonna have a hard time competing with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Pro evo 09
    Any idea when the Pro Ev demo is going to be out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Have they made any attempt to improve pes2008 online over the last six months? If the answer is no I think this will be the first fifa game I'll buy since RTWC 98.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive gone and said before that i hate these threads, because generally i do, but there has been some good views in here and generally the fanboyism has been low.

I think the best for everyone would be to start from scratch and play both full games, not demos. Which ever feels more natural for you should be the one you pick. Not because FIFA has more teams or because PES has the Champions League, but because its your game.

Personally, i adapt well to FIFA and PES, i love them both. But thats not the case for everyone.

I just hope that the competition FIFA gave PES last year kicks them into gear. But what i dont understand is... Where is the PES demo? Because atm, people are playing the FIFA demo and going "Jesus, FIFA is great, im buying this." and have their mind made up before they play PES. If both demos were out then everyone could judge the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Pro evo 09
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ive gone and said before that i hate these threads, because generally i do, but there has been some good views in here and generally the fanboyism has been low.

I think the best for everyone would be to start from scratch and play both full games, not demos. Which ever feels more natural for you should be the one you pick. Not because FIFA has more teams or because PES has the Champions League, but because its your game.

Personally, i adapt well to FIFA and PES, i love them both. But thats not the case for everyone.

I just hope that the competition FIFA gave PES last year kicks them into gear. But what i dont understand is... Where is the PES demo? Because atm, people are playing the FIFA demo and going "Jesus, FIFA is great, im buying this." and have their mind made up before they play PES. If both demos were out then everyone could judge the games.
    If the FIFA demo is great and it suits people then what need is there for a PES demo.

Pro evo 09
    If the FIFA demo is great and it suits people then what need is there for a PES demo.

The need for choice is why there should be a PES demo out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Because its not really an informed choice (not that it has to be of course). Some people will play FIFA and think its great, then play a PES and think its better and go with that. Same vice versa.

Advertisement