Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fifa 09 vs pro evo 09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Pro evo 09
    Q_Ball wrote: »
    Because its not really an informed choice (not that it has to be of course). Some people will play FIFA and think its great, then play a PES and think its better and go with that. Same vice versa.

So when Halo and COD4 came out did people only pick one of them or wait till the other was released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pro evo 09
    Everyone try setting the game speed to slow in the advanced options menu before starting a game, make a huge difference and the tempo is far more realistic imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Pro evo 09
    I hated last years PES, and was a long time fan, back when it was ISS, i turned to fifa08 and loved it, but the fifa09 demo is a bit ****, the players run like spastics and its gone back to the fast pingy game play, its not really fast but I preferred last years tactical approach. Hopefully PES can return to form this year, with new features, better graphics, and an actually PLAYABLE outline mode. Maybe the fifa gameplay will grow on me again, but im not sure. Ill wait for the full game and rent it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

So when Halo and COD4 came out did people only pick one of them or wait till the other was released?

Surely that would be more akin to choosing between FIFA/PES and something like FIFA Street. The only thing Halo and COD have in common is that they're both FPS'seses's. Completely different kind of games within the same genre.

The reason I said that its doesn't have to be an informed choice is because there will always be fans on both sides that buy their game regardless. Then there's always the middle ground gamer who just wants the best football game they can get without having to buy both and who would be better off waiting for the demos.

For the record I'm torn between both, having played both recently. I didn't get to play enough PES to decide tho :( PES seemed a bit more arcadey while FIFA reminded me of the old PES's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lfc85

where can i get to play the fifa '09 demo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pro evo 09
    lfc85 wrote: »
    where can i get to play the fifa '09 demo?

Download it on Xbox live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The demo is a bit poor, physics are weird, the tricks system is easily susceptible to a bit of tekken button bashing, it's dressed up great tho. . .so on that basis i've pre-ordered pro evo 09, it has to be an improvement on 08, doesnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Downloaded the fifa demo there tonight.To be honest, i'm a bit disappointed that its so similiar to 08.I mean, practically all the menus are exactly the same.As for the gameplay, i was hard pressed to find much of a difference but i think theyve made it a bit easier really.Graphics-wise, its ok but i dont think its as good as fifa 08.Colours seem too vibrant or something.I have fifa 08 on the ps3, though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ah jesus, the passing system alone makes this game far different to FIFA 08. Did you not notice that? The CPU used to decide where your through ball went but now you can play inch perfect throughys due to the power bar.

Shooting has been fine-tuned, keepers are much better and more realistic and some of the bull**** bugs have been taken out.

Plus a rediculous amount of customisation of tactics.

I dont see how you thought it was too similar to 08.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Any news at all if/when the PES demo will be out? I really want to try it out before I make my decision on which to get.

• Advertisement

Pro evo 09
    BFassassin wrote: »
    Any news at all if/when the PES demo will be out? I really want to try it out before I make my decision on which to get.
    Thursday I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

PES

pes is for hardcore football fans, fifa is for kiddies, no offence, have u seen the new pes? its back to winning ways, so what if fifa has got graphics, its game play suckss, anyone who plays a game cos it has better graphics is a n00b, its all about gameplay, btw it was pes08 that was laggy not pes6 lol. n pes09 online is going to be fine :) plus BE A LEGEND MODE, new KILLER EDIT MODE, and Uefa Champions Leauge Mode, PES wins!

Pro evo 09
    akenny01 wrote: »
    PES

pes is for hardcore football fans, fifa is for kiddies, no offence, have u seen the new pes? its back to winning ways, so what if fifa has got graphics, its game play suckss, anyone who plays a game cos it has better graphics is a n00b, its all about gameplay, btw it was pes08 that was laggy not pes6 lol. n pes09 online is going to be fine :) plus BE A LEGEND MODE, new KILLER EDIT MODE, and Uefa Champions Leauge Mode, PES wins!
    You're an idiot. Go back to pesfan.com or wherever you crawled out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Pro evo 09
    PES

TAXI!!

your moms an idiot you stupid fifa fanboy

i aint a pes fanboy, i like both games im just saying pes is better so shut your face and sit down, fifa soccer blog are lookin for ya

Pro evo 09
    You haven't even played the new pes game, you haven't even played the demo :rolleyes: OOH KILLER EDIT MODE! Fifa doesn't need an edit mode, ever thought of that? :rolleyes:

And I haven't bought a fifa game in over ten years, and I've bought every pes game since ISS pro evolution so don't go calling me a fanboy because I'm defending the game.

yes i have you ****ing dick, ever head of this? SINCE WHEN DOES GRAPHICS AND LICENCES MATTER MORE THAN GAMEPLAY YOU TOOL. it shows how much of a n00b you are, enough of your n00bism, i got to playtest pes09 so in your face dick,

our site w.e.n.b im sure you have heard of it

Pro evo 09
    I haven't actually, and if it's filled with morons such as yourself I won't be visiting any time soon either.

rofl., you shut up pretty quick when i said i played it, YEAH THATS RIGHT I PLAYED BOTH, PES IS BETTER THIS YEAR THAN FIFA09, FIFA HAS IMPROVED A LOT, BUT JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT PES, THATS WHY PES HAS GOTTEN HIGHER REVIEWS IN ALL MAGS SO FAR, , So unlike you, i played it, you havent , so dont go slating something u aint played. so please gently stfu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did you also beta test annoying web **** 09?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

yes i have you ****ing dick, ever head of this? SINCE WHEN DOES GRAPHICS AND LICENCES MATTER MORE THAN GAMEPLAY YOU TOOL. it shows how much of a n00b you are, enough of your n00bism, i got to playtest pes09 so in your face dick,

Serious business.

nah i tested your **'* ***** though, not bad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I ain't played Fifa in years. Can anyone tell me when you are playing season mode is there a Champions League format to qualify for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Pro evo 09

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I ain't played Fifa in years. Can anyone tell me when you are playing season mode is there a Champions League format to qualify for?
    I dont know for sure but I would doubt it as PES have the champions League license for 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

emurphy wrote: »
    Is that just EA for Fifa or are you just coming out with a very rash statement about EA in general and wouldnt buy anything with EA on it?? Seems a bit crazy if that is the case. Theres plenty of good EA games.

EA. :) I played through skate but I never bought it, I borrowed it from work. I thought it was a great game but I'd never pay for any EA game ever again. For 1 decent game that they release, there's another 15 that are absolute tripe.

Anyway, back OT. I'm still waiting to get my hands on the PES demo to see if I'll buy it and what for platform too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Pro evo 09

rofl., you shut up pretty quick when i said i played it, YEAH THATS RIGHT I PLAYED BOTH, PES IS BETTER THIS YEAR THAN FIFA09, FIFA HAS IMPROVED A LOT, BUT JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT PES, THATS WHY PES HAS GOTTEN HIGHER REVIEWS IN ALL MAGS SO FAR, , So unlike you, i played it, you havent , so dont go slating something u aint played. so please gently stfu

If this is the calibur of human being that plays PES then I'm all about FIFA. I've had some killer online sessions in FIFA... and before last year, I was all about PES. Having played the FIFA09 demo I'm definitely going to make the investment.

Also, there's no point in talking about PES being "all about gameplay". The last two iterations were muck, and on the downward spiral, while FIFA made some sort of ascension. Saying this years PES will be mind-blowing based on no actual game-playing is ridiculous.

All in all, I'll probably buy both, but even if PES' ideas work mildly well, I'll probably stay with FIFA because even if it doesn't play quite as fast etc., it'll work - and work perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

akenny01 banned for a month, or until he gets through those difficult teenage years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Pro evo 09
    Fifa 09 without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Pro evo 09
    I think ill go for FIFA09 after all, i Loved 08, but since no PES demo, and I need a new game soon, havnt got a new game since GTA IV, I think ill just go for Fifa09.:cool::pac:

Advertisement