Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fifa 09 vs pro evo 09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Pro evo 09
    gonna wait for both demo's to choose - only way i reckon! always been a PES fan since the ISS days on the 64 and then when Pro Evo on PS1 smacked Fifa into the stone age!

this time tho, seriously considering fifa after playing UEFA demo on live. decisions decisions - all good tho - least fifa's not the only option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Pro Evo demo will be released on Thursday, the day before Fifa 09 hits the shops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Pro evo 09
    Smegball wrote: »
    The new Fifa demo is really impressive, I think I may buy Fifa for a change this year instead of Pro Evo.

Gah its times like this I wish I have xbox live set up :(
    akenny01 wrote: »
    PES

pes is for hardcore football fans, fifa is for kiddies, no offence, have u seen the new pes? its back to winning ways, so what if fifa has got graphics, its game play suckss, anyone who plays a game cos it has better graphics is a n00b, its all about gameplay, btw it was pes08 that was laggy not pes6 lol. n pes09 online is going to be fine :) plus BE A LEGEND MODE, new KILLER EDIT MODE, and Uefa Champions Leauge Mode, PES wins!
    No words can desribe this, so this will do fine: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is be a legend mode on PES just a not a rip off of FIFA's and EA's be a pro mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pro evo 09
    Is be a legend mode on PES just a not a rip off of FIFA's and EA's be a pro mode.

Me again! apparently PES implemented that feature in the Japanese versions of the games 6 or 7 years ago! but were only seeing it now here..... yet more evidence of the shoddy treatment we get from Konami on a regular basis....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Pro evo 09
    I've been a pes man ever since international superstar soccer deluxe on the snes. I've played but never owned a fifa game. I played the fifa09 demo. I haven't been this blown away by a football game in years.

I'm getting fifa this year, not pes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

m83 wrote: »
    I've been a pes man ever since international superstar soccer deluxe on the snes. I've played but never owned a fifa game. I played the fifa09 demo. I haven't been this blown away by a football game in years.

I'm getting fifa this year, not pes.

Ouch, I'm getting both, FIFA's are also becoming solid football games, something about the last few pes games feel like they are just not pushing enough, i mean if you were to go back and play PES 1 on the ps1 you wouldn't notice a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Pro evo without a doubt! Been a bit of a fan boy since ISS on the Nintendo. :p

Pro evo 09
    Is fifa coming out on the 3rd of Oct?

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Is fifa coming out on the 3rd of Oct?

Yes coming out on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Myself and these two games have had the most complex relation over the years :D

Started on Fifa 94 and played until Fifa 96...then got hooked on Pro Evo. Went back and forth between the two until PES 4 and have stuck with the franchise since.

Until now. PES08 was a big letdown. It's Fifa 09 for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Pro evo 09
    I like both. But Fifa is getting better and better. I have Fifa 09 at home now. two day early. Can't wait to finish work.

Pro evo 09
    ROC1977 wrote: »
    I like both. But Fifa is getting better and better. I have Fifa 09 at home now. two day early. Can't wait to finish work.

Grrr!

I'm jealous! :)

Pro evo 09

where did ya get it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Pro evo 09

How do people manage to get games before release dates?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pro evo 09
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    They work in game stores or know people who do.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

Or some online places sent out pre ordered copies of Fifa early this year.

Pro evo 09
    play asia normally ship a few days early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pro evo 09
    The fifa live seasons are €6 each on psn, or €18 for all 6 of them. Expect similar pricing on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Pro evo 09
    demo is up on LIVE(PES), very dissapointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 whuz-gt-lead

Pro evo 09
    c'mon lik d career mode in pro evo stinks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

el dude wrote: »
    demo is up on LIVE(PES), very dissapointing.

I thought it was great, FIFA was great too, I'm delighted we have two solid football games this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Pro evo 09
    Demo is pretty ****e, will not be spending my hard earned money on this repetitive game, the whole argument of the gameplay being better, which its not anymore, both level really, is getting boring and laughable, as PES I think is very unrealistic in comparison to FIFA's tactical approach, which is more like real life, and I prefer, and its more satisfying when you score in fifa, for me anyway.
    Its alot like last years PES, gameplay isn't much better, same boring animations, no doubt the online will be very laggy, like all the PES games, full of glitches, and FIFA has ton more features and online modes anyway. The Refs are awful in the demo also, I got a red card for a shoulder in midfield, and nearly every game someone got sent off after a small challenge.

I used to love PES, not anymore, its not even next gen by the look of the demo, and demo's usually give you a good idea of the final game. Looks like FIFA tomorrow. Looking forward to 10 v 10 be a pro.:)

But hey, you may like PES, this is just my opinion, but its just the same over and over again. And no im not a Fifa fanboy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I look at it in that in fairness this year it's like fifa09 is a more complete package overall,

but when it comes down to which I would rather play 1 single match of against a friend it will always be pro evo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Pro evo 09
    Oh. My. God. I've just come away from a 12 hour non stop FIFA session. Best football game ever without a shadow of doubt. If you prefer PES then fair enough but you really are missing out on something amazing.

Pro evo 09
    We could so do with a boards.ie FIFA forum this year

Follow the link in my sig to support it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Pro evo 09
    plumped for FIFA since it was 35 yoyos in tesco - brilliant game. prob best football game ever imo having played each pes for last 6/7 years (best was 4 or 5 i think) but this years FIFA takes things to a new level - great game :D realistic, fun, tactical, great graphics, animation, tricks galore - simply superb!

still haven't played this years pes09 - will give it a fair shot when it comes out too!

Pro evo 09
    I think fifa09 is a top game. I love when you clatter into someone with a bad sliding tackle. The really fly up into the air. The gameplay has been refined nicely and a lot quicker passing response to last years Fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Playing the demo at the minute. Jeeze - scoring a goal is tough.

I keep hitting it over the cross-bar or straight into the keeper's arms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Pro evo 09
    00sully wrote: »
    prob best football game ever imo having played each pes for last 6/7 years (best was 4 or 5 i think) but this years FIFA takes things to a new level - great game :D realistic, fun, tactical, great graphics, animation, tricks galore - simply superb!

I couldn't agree more. It really is such a massive step up from FIFA'08, which was already a very, very solid game IMO. The bar has been raised significantly for Pro Evo this year, to the point that even the FIFA skeptics will have to take a closer look....

Advertisement