Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fifa 09 vs pro evo 09

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Pro evo 09
    The ranked games are so much better now, they dont feel pre determined anymore, and people cant just run through the defence with Ronaldo or Henry anymore. Also the cheap tactics are gone, like the low cross into the box, 90% ending up in a goal, and the "turn and shoot" thing that people always did when 1 on 1 with the keeper.

The be a pro is good, when you dont get a load of idiots that always run up to the box, and finally only the captain can pause the game which is alot better. Yeah generally alot different than 08, pity the same cant be said for PES09.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone elses FIFA server playing up tonight on the Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've been getting PES for years now, I think the last FIFA I bought was 2002 but after all the reviews I've read I'll def. buy it. Will probably get Pro Ev as well but thats a different story!

Pity my Xbox had RROD at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

Just downloaded pes 09 and I have to say I'm very dissapointed it feels like I'm playing a bad pinball game!! What the **** are they playin at. Game over. I never thought I'd say it but Fifa is by far and away better than this muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Pro evo 09
    yup the pes demo was very dissapointing - at least the 2 are breeding some decent competition and driving innovation meaning we get at least 1 good game a year!

i've never thought EA could trump pes but its happened!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

00sully wrote: »
    yup the pes demo was very dissapointing - at least the 2 are breeding some decent competition and driving innovation meaning we get at least 1 good game a year!

i've never thought EA could trump pes but its happened!

I never thought they would either but your right good for competition.

It just feels like Konami are relying on a fanbase that are against fifa games instead of tryin to improve on the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pro evo 09
    emurphy wrote: »
    I never thought they would either but your right good for competition.

It just feels like Konami are relying on a fanbase that are against fifa games instead of tryin to improve on the product.

Good point there. Resting on their laurels! lazy sh1ts.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Pro evo 09
    I'm loving Fifa 09 , so many improvements over 08.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 magill sanchez

I bought Fifa 09 the other day, its the first Fifa game I've owned since the megadrive, having been a lifelong PES fan the past two games just haven't pushed the franchise and the laggy online games and shoddy graphics simply made the games feel unfinished.

I played Fifa 08 and didn't think it was bad game but didn't think it had the depth of pro evo but 09 certainly does the graphics are great, 100's of different ways to score not like in previous Fifa's where it was the one simple way over and over, the commentary is brilliant and the control and skill animation is class, generally lag free online games and if you've played PES 5 it is quite similar in its approach to build play.

There are a couple of things however that bug me about Fifa 09, passing and through balls can be frustrating especially online when the pass does not go in the direction you want or lacks the power, throw-ins enough said, corners so far(but ain't got the hang of yet), the lack of a proper practice arena like in pro evo for free kicks etc, the need to hold down a button to do skills when the right analog stick is all you need and the muppets online who like to watch every f*ck*ng replay and who hack the legs off ye when you're through on goal but thats any football game online.

I'm still gonna get PES 09 and this is what I'd like to ask other people on the forum... do you never remember buying a pro evo game and thinking it was **** compared to the game before and a couple of weeks later its the best thing since sliced bread, well thats my feeling about PES 09... the only way I feel the game might let me down is in the same 3 ways it has for the past 3 years for which Konami has never got its act together on and that is: Graphically, Online-play and Audio/Commentary. Anyways I'd definitely recommend Fifa 09 to anyone thinking about getting it but I still think there's question marks over whether or not PES 9 might be the best PES and/or footie game yet.

Advertisement