Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does being from Waterford mean to you?

• 06-09-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

what are the things that have most inspired you about where you are from?

what one thing would you like to do if you were mayor to make an improvement to Waterford?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Unemployment growing in the city,awful weather,serial objecter holding up major projects,people completely losing the run off themselves over a hurling match.Thats waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

it means im not from f**king kilkenny

only joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

@ Sungod

it means being unsuccessful so ;)

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

ouch!!!!!! well i was only joking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

decies wrote: »
    Unemployment growing in the city,awful weather,serial objecter holding up major projects,people completely losing the run off themselves over a hurling match.Thats waterford.

Its not just any old hurling match though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

ah i was only joking too.

bit of banter before the big game;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mia belle

I think Waterford is a great city, but doesn't promote itself enough. The city has some great restaurants, bars, great theatre etc, but, you rarely see these things advertised much, outside of Waterford I mean.
    The scenery in parts of Waterford County, the comeraghs, suir valley, its second to none. Tramore, I feel is neglected. The beach was very sad looking this year, ok, the weather doesn't help, but I walked on it most days, and it was well, just sad looking. Plus the mountains of dog ****e didn't help.
    There is no sense of community in Tramore, not sure about the city, as I don't live there.
    The shopping in Waterford is dire, ok, I know there is a recession, but , what the shops do have to offer doesn't really entice people. Is there an area for local crafts etc, maybe I just missed it.
    I am sure there are loads of talented people living in Waterford, and if I were mayor, I would be promoting them.
    Also, whats around in the city to encourage young people to develop their talents? Is there recording studios, community games etc, youth programmes.
    I feel waterford is so dead, there is no excitement about the place. Ok, they have the odd festival, and thats great, but, apart from going drinking and visiting the numerous bars and clubs, what else is there.
    In saying that, I am very proud to be from Waterford, would just like to see a bit more community spirit around, and lots more to do.
    Maybe I should get up off my ass and start a few things instead of complaining.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

i know, thats the best part of fighting.....the making up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

decies wrote: »

Maybe people are "losing the run of themselves" over a hurling match because it's a little happiness in the City, in contrast to the unemployment, awful weather etc...

Don't begrudge people thier happiness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

coming from a place that has beautiful mountains and lovely beaches but weather that really doesnt allow us to enjoy them to the full sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Chochese wrote: »
    Maybe people are "losing the run of themselves" over a hurling match because it's a little happiness in the City, in contrast to the unemployment, awful weather etc...

Don't begrudge people thier happiness!
    As somebody who was up in croker not begrudging anybody,its about time we won the bloody thing ,and then we can really party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can we leave the chit chat out please and stay on topic.

Advertisement