Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KANE: Loved or Loathed?

• 06-09-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

In the Foley signing with tna thread,
    callaway92 stated that there was loads of people on this forum that love Kane.
    I think the opposite, i think most posters hate him.

Where i am neither here nor there, i decided instead of having an argument over it, to put a post up and see what the results are.

Also, when you vote, leave a post to what your reasons are for your choice.

What is your thoughts on Kane? 13 votes

I hate him, he cant wrestle or cant do anything right IMO.
    0%
    I love him, I think he is charasmatic, a solid wrestler, and that his years in the WWE show this
    30%
    FozzyShawnRavenRjd2RAMPAGE1 4 votes
    I don't think he is the greatest wrestler of all time, but i don't hold anything against him.
    69%
    Cactus ColdlofnepThe VoltInsect OverlordFurious-Redmehfesto2[Deleted User]Kane-N-Niteratinakeg 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ffs..no need for this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

callaway92 wrote: »

Relax man, im just trying to find out which is true. ;)

Would you rather me just start an argument with you? Which i am in no way going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Imo he has more bad matches than good, but I dont hate him, The charecter could be a little more interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

agreed

Where is the meh option. I must say Id rather never se another Kane singles match again. He should be strictly be used in tag teams as the guy who gets the hot tag imo.

Everyone has discussed this in loads of other threads recently..No need for it..Thats all im saying..Im not back seat modding btw and just giving my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I don't think he is the greatest wrestler of all time, but i don't hold anything against him.
    His old gimmick was great, unmasked he's pretty meh.

rovert wrote: »
    agreed

Where is the meh option. I must say Id rather never se another Kane singles match again. He should be strictly be used in tag teams as the guy who gets the hot tag imo.

+1

I stand by my decision to put this thread up.

Im sorry guys if you think its pointless, i just want to find out what peoples opinions are.

My favourite all-round wrestler. I don't think he's the greatest wrestler of all time (Benoit, etc.) or the best mic worker (Rock, etc) but there's just something about his presence. He was the reason I watched ECW, really (although i will admit that before the draft, i thought ECW was a pretty good show overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah a poll seems a bit much just to settle an argument.

I think Kane is one of the best characters the WWE have come up with but I think it's clear his best days are behind him. He seems to have lost a lot of his appeal with losing his mask although for the first few weeks after losing it he was red hot (forgive the pun).

I think he serves a purpose these days but I disagree with those who say he should be given a WWE title run again as I think he's past his best now.

• Advertisement

Comic-Book-Guy You only reg'd here in July..You couldnt know how much we talked about this before

Comic-Book-Guy You only reg'd here in July..You couldnt know how much we talked about this before

I have been watching this sub-forum for a while, i just decided to get so active when i did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

He's a mainstay of the wwe at this stage and was a lot more interesting before he lost the mask. He's also one of the most highly paid in the company and hasn't been released or ever really rumoured about being in trouble or had difficulties with management.

I've no problems with Kane just more of a star that never was than a waste of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Might wanna keep that hush hush CBG

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Might wanna keep that hush hush CBG

Sorry about that. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I love him, I think he is charasmatic, a solid wrestler, and that his years in the WWE show this
    If you don't like the thread then you don't have to reply

I don't particularly care for him, but I'd be in between the first and third options, so I went for the first option to be polarising :pac: I don't hate the guy though, I used to be a big fan. These days he just doesn't interest me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Kane-N-Nite loves Kane.:D;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A boring character which lost all direction years and years ago. I cannot remember a single good match he was ever in. Having said that, I don't hate him, but would very much be on the side of meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gimmick wrote: »
    A boring character which lost all direction years and years ago. I cannot remember a single good match he was ever in. Having said that, I don't hate him, but would very much be on the side of meh.

His match with Show and Raven at Mania was ok....:confused:
    Thats about it though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

For a guy his size, he's quite athletic. I don't think people take into account how hard it is to wrestle when they are that large. He has a good character, and does well in the ring. He's no Khali, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Yeah. Since the de-masking it's ben quite bland. He seems decent enough as a bloke and he's consistent if nothing else.

I always thought his character had more potential that he's been given. He'd be a decent manager to someone in my eyes. Keep his mouth shut and get that whole 'mystical evil' jive back and I'd be more interested than I am now.

What's with the chokeslams in recent years though? Watching back some old clips you really see some 'air' in his 'slams. Now it's just a lift and then down. Very little choking or slamming! False advertising if y'ask me. Same with 'Taker too. Is it like a repetitve strain injury that prevents it - "Chokeslammers Elbow" perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Glen Jacobs .... I would say is under-rated by a lot of people.

For the last ten years he has been consistently over, despite being involved in a good number of horrible storylines. Including the Katy Vick storyline, the Kane Lita storyline (he was her unborn baby's father!), fake Kane, the may 19th stuff, y2j spilling his coffee .... not to mention the Doctor Isaac Yankem and fake Deisel gimmicks. He has remained at a level where he can be pushed as a champion contender with very little time and very little effort. However he is often let to rot without direction for months at a time.

He is not the most technical of wrestlers. But he is a good "big man" wrestler, generally putting on pretty entertaining matches, although there have been several bad ones too.

Personally, I think it is a travesty that he only held a world title for one day. But then Kane never did need the title to be over.

Advertisement